- 10 min ago Skoda Karoq Restock Expected Soon In India: Could Be Locally Assembled
- 3 hrs ago Tata Altroz i-Turbo Petrol Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.73 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago Renault Expands Sales & Service Network In India: Over 120 Customer Touchpoints Added Last Year
- 4 hrs ago Tata Cars Price Hike Announced Across All Models: Here Are All The Details
- News Watch: Melania refuses to pose with Trump after they leave White House
- Technology LG K42 Budget Smartphone Goes Official In India; Sale Begins On January 26 At Flipkart
- Movies Mahesh Babu On His Lockdown Experience: I’ve Done The One Thing That I Wanted To Do For The Longest Time
- Finance Union Budget 2021: Expectations Of Common Man
- Sports Saini bowled despite injury in the second innings at Brisbane
- Education JK Bank PO Result 2021: Check Mains Result At jkbank.com
- Lifestyle Lady Gaga Flaunts A Blazer Outfit, A Red Dramatic Skirt, And A Golden Dove Brooch
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
Force Motors unveiled the BS6 Gurkha during the 2020 Auto Expo. The SUV showcased at the event featured a host of updates over the previous model including an all-new front fascia. Earlier reports suggested that the 2020 Gurkha would be arriving in July this year.
However, due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the SUV's arrival to the market has been delayed. According to the recent reports from Cardekho, the BS6 Force Gurkha is expected to launch in India during Diwali festival this year.
Ahead of its launch, the new off-roader has also started to arrive at dealerships across the country. The deliveries of the BS6 Gurkha could begin right after its launch in the country.
Once launched, the Force Gurkha will rival the next-gen Mahindra Thar, which will also launch around the same time in the market. Pricing will be a key factor for Gurkha's success in the country over the Thar.
The new Gurkha will be powered by an updated version of the same 2.6-litre diesel engine that was featured on the previous model. The 2.6-litre four-cylinder turbo-diesel engine will produce 90bhp and 230Nm of peak torque. The engine will come mated to a five-speed gearbox with power sent to all four wheels.
Also, the off-road SUV will continue to feature individual manual locking differentials and a low-range gearbox to tackle the difficult terrains. Unlike the 2020 Thar, the BS6 Gurkha will be offered with a single diesel engine and manual gearbox option.
The new Gurkha has undergone a complete design revision with new features added inside and out. This includes headlamp clusters, a new grille, redesigned bumpers at both ends along with body cladding and skirts all around the SUV. It also features new 16-inch alloy wheels with 245/70 tyre profiles.
Interiors of the new SUV has been heavily updated with a host of new features. It receives a new touchscreen infotainment system placed at the centre of the dashboard, a new instrument cluster with a MID display, individual seats in the second row and newly designed circular air vents as well; among others.
The 2020 Gurkha also becomes safer with a heavily updated chassis and bodyshell to offer enhanced occupants and pedestrian safety. It could also be offered with dual airbags, ABS, and stability control as standard.
Thoughts About The Force Gurkha Expected India Launch During Diwali This Year
There are only a handful of purpose-built off-road SUVs that will be soon available in the India market. The new Gurkha being one of them retains its minimalist design approach and off-road ability. However, the exterior and interiors have now been given a premium feel with updated features.