- 24 min ago Skoda Karoq Restock Expected Soon In India: Could Be Locally Assembled
- 3 hrs ago Tata Altroz i-Turbo Petrol Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.73 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago Renault Expands Sales & Service Network In India: Over 120 Customer Touchpoints Added Last Year
- 5 hrs ago Tata Cars Price Hike Announced Across All Models: Here Are All The Details
- Sports Kevin De Bruyne injured: How will Man City cope without their talisman
- Lifestyle After Viral Memes, Here’s The Story Behind Bernie Sanders’ Famous Mittens
- Movies Pavitra Rishta's Karan Veer Mehra-Nidhi's Wedding Functions Begin: Couple Looks Adorable At Mehendi Ceremony
- News Watch: Melania refuses to pose with Trump after they leave White House
- Technology LG K42 Budget Smartphone Goes Official In India; Sale Begins On January 26 At Flipkart
- Finance Union Budget 2021: Expectations Of Common Man
- Education JK Bank PO Result 2021: Check Mains Result At jkbank.com
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
Force Motors is yet to update their entire vehicle line-up to BS6 standards. The company had showcased its exhaustive line-up of commercial and private vehicles at the Auto Expo earlier this year.
It also showcased the 2020 Force Gurkha BS6 in a production-ready guise at the event. However, the company is yet to launch the off-roader in the market. Latest pictures posted by Saboo Brothers reveals the new Force Gurkha arriving at dealerships ahead of launch.
The SUV was expected to arrive in July this year. Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the launch timelines would have been affected causing a delay. With the SUV reaching dealerships, the new Gurkha could be launched soon in the country.
The next-gen off-road SUV has undergone a complete design revision with added features from the company. This includes headlamp clusters, a new grille, redesigned bumpers at both ends along with body cladding and skirts all around the SUV.
It also features new 16-inch alloy wheels with 245/70 tyre profiles. The wheel arches get beefier as well in the new model adding to the bold design of the off-road SUV. The new design accentuates the Gurkha's rugged design and road presence.
Interiors of the new SUV has been heavily updated with a host of new features. It receives a new touchscreen infotainment system placed at the centre of the dashboard, a new instrument cluster with a MID display, individual seats in the second row and newly designed circular air vents as well; among others.
The 2020 Gurkha also becomes safer and complies with the new safety norms which came into effect from October 2019. The chassis and bodyshell of the new Gurkha have been heavily updated to offer occupants and pedestrian safety. It is expected to be offered with dual airbags, ABS, and stability control as standard.
The new Gurkha will be powered by an updated version of the same 2.6-litre diesel engine that was featured on the previous model. The 2.6-litre four-cylinder turbo-diesel engine will produce 90bhp and 230Nm of peak torque.
The engine will come mated to a five-speed gearbox with power sent to all four wheels. Also, the off-road SUV will continue to feature individual manual locking differentials and a low-range gearbox to tackle the difficult terrains. Whether the company will offer the 2.2-litre engine at a later date remains to be seen.
Once launched, the Force Gurkha will rival the next-gen Mahindra Thar and the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Jimny. The new-gen Thar has come a long way in terms of design and features much like the Gurkha. However, the new Thar is offered with many convenient features such as an automatic transmission and a petrol engine, which is ideal for everyday use.
Thoughts About The Force Gurkha BS6 Arriving At Dealerships Ahead Of Launch
The Force Gurkha features a host of updates over the previous model. The exteriors and the interiors are more pleasing offering latest technologies. The 2020 Gurkha can now travel to places tackling the harsh terrain while keeping the occupants in comfort. Pricing of the new offroader will be a key factor for its success in the market.