- 26 min ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR CNG Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- 1 hr ago MG ZS EV To Launch In 10 New Cities Soon: Teaser Video & Details
- 2 hrs ago Ather 450X Collector’s Edition E-Scooter Unveiled: A Special-Edition 450X For The Enthusiasts!
- 3 hrs ago Suzuki Motorcycles To Launch A New Product In India: Could It Be Connected Technology?
- Technology Tecno Spark 6 Budget Smartphone Launched: Price, Specifications
- News With QUAD pitch in, India-Japan to tie up for 5G technologies
- Movies Sara Ali Khan Joins Deepika Padukone And Shraddha Kapoor At NCB Office For Questioning
- Sports Sorry Chennai Super Kings fans! Suresh Raina is not coming back, clarifies CSK CEO
- Finance 5 Factors That Could Keep Market Volatile Next Week
- Lifestyle Padmini Ekadashi 2020: Date, Muhurta, Rituals, Katha And Significance Of This Festival
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles India confirmed the availability of spare parts for its models in the country for the next decade. The company stopped production of the Linea sedan, and the Punto hatchback in early 2019.
Speaking to Autocar India, Partha Dutta, President and MD, (FCA) Fiat Chrysler Automobiles India confirmed the availability of spare parts for the Punto and the Linea for the next decade.
With Fiat models discontinued from the Indian market, there has been a concern among existing owners regarding the availability of parts in the future. However, the concern was addressed by the company officials in a recent interview with a media publication.
Fiat in association with Mopar have setup a parts distribution centre at Chakan, Pune. Mr Dutta further added, "The Mopar team is extremely active, the aftersales team is extremely active, so every Fiat customer can rest assured that we're here for their aftersales service and we're going to be here for them."
The Fiat customers can visit any of the existing Jeep workshops to have their vehicles serviced and also order required parts. Additionally, the company currently has 80 Mopar touchpoints including the Jeep outlets to support its customers.
Fiat re-entered the Indian market back in 2009 and sold until last year when the brand announced its exit from the country. In their 10 year duration, the Italian manufacturer was under a strategic partnership with Tata Motors as well.
Fiat suspended its production operations of the Linea sedan, the Punto hatchback last year. The company sold all of 125 cars in India in FY20 before the new safety and emission norms came into effect in the country.
The implementation of the new BS6 emission norms on April 1, 2020, meant that any remaining stock is ineligible for sale, and confirms the end of Fiat journey in India, again. Apart from the cars, the 1.3-litre Multijet diesel engine from Fiat was also shelved and was not made BS6 complaint.
The company reported that the costing required for smaller-capacity diesel units to achieve BS6 compliance was not justified, and decided to discontinue the engine. The 1.3-litre Multijet diesel engine powered a whole host of models from different manufacturers, which was also discontinued from production.
FCA is still operating under the Jeep brand in the country. However, Jeep has seen a drop in sales in India over the past year. To overcome the drop in sales figures the brand will be introducing new SUV to its portfolio in the country starting with the Jeep Compass facelift — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Fiat Spare Parts Availablity For Next 10 Years In India
The auto manufacturer has ensured peace of mind to all the Fiat owners in the country with this news. Although you can find alternative spare parts to your vehicles, it is recommended to use spares from (OEM) Original Equipment Manufacturer for the correct replacement and smooth operation of your cars.