- 23 min ago Tata Gravitas Has Been Spotted Testing Ahead Of Its India Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 23 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are Some Of The Highlights From The Auto Industry Last Week
- 24 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: BMW F 900 R, F 900 XR, Versys 1000, BattRE Scooters Launched & More
- 1 day ago Triumph Scrambler 1200 Bond Edition Revealed: Limited To 250 Units Worldwide
- Sports Legendary hockey player Balbir Singh Sr passes away
- Lifestyle Happy Birthday Karan Johar: Stylish Looks That Proves He Has Distinctive Fashion Sense
- Finance Why Zee Entertainment Shares Could Fall On Tuesday?
- News For bicycle girl Jyoti, studying is the first priority
- Movies Eid 2020: Four Memorable Eid Releases That Bollywood Has Seen Over The Years
- Technology Moto G8 Power Lite Vs Other Budget Smartphones Under Rs. 10,000
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
The Ministry of Road Transport & Highways has announced an extension of the validity of vehicle documents in India. According to the ministry, all driving licences, vehicle registration certificates and permits expired since 1st February 2020, will be considered valid until the end of June 2020.
The ruling has been sent to all states and Union Territories in the country. The decision has been made in order to help vehicle owners facing difficulties renewing their documents during the coronavirus pandemic in India. With the country under a 21-day lockdown, all government transport offices have been shut down as well.
The advisory sent to all states has requested all documents under the MV act to be considered valid until the 30th of June. This includes documents which have expired on or after the 1st February or are due to expire before the 30th of June. The advisory also stated renewal of such documents will likely not be processed during the lockdown period.
The documents which are part of the MV Act include fitness certificate, driving licence, registration certificate and all types of permits. The authorities have also asked the states to implement the advisory as quickly as possible. This will ensure the transporters of essential services do not face any problem during this time.
The Supreme Court of India recently also announced an extension in the BS4 sales deadline. According to the new ruling, all company dealerships will get an additional 10 days after the end of the lockdown to sell their leftover BS4 stock, before shifting completely to BS6. However, there are a few restrictions in place — read about them here.
With India currently under a 21-day lockdown, only essential services and service providers have been given permission to continue work. Most automobile companies have suspended operations, with many of them now working with the government to manufacture medical equipment. Other companies have also donated large amounts of donations to the government relief fund as well.
Recently Pitstop, a Bangalore-based car service startup announced its support to essential service providers. The company started a new initiative in nine cities across India, offering free service, repair and maintenance for vehicles of essential service workers — here are all the details.
Thoughts On The Extension Of Vehicle Documents Validity In India
The government is taking all the necessary steps to ensure the people do not face any sort of issue caused due to the India lockdown. Automobile companies have come out in full force as well as offering their support to the government during this pandemic situation.