- 1 hr ago Fifth-Generation Honda City Exports Commence From India To Left Hand Drive Markets
- 4 hrs ago Citroen C5 Aircross Rolls Out Of Production In India Ahead Of Unveil Next Month
- 6 hrs ago All-New Renault Kiger Compact-SUV Globally Unveiled: Here Are All The Details!
- 6 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Completes 1 Year In India: Releases New Customer Testimonials Video
- News India carried out 5th highest no of COVID vaccinations till Jan 26: Govt
- Sports Rabada alongside all-time Test greats after joining 200 club in a hurry
- Technology Panasonic Introduces New Air Conditioners With Nanoe X Technology
- Education Union Budget 2021: Expectations For Education Sector In Union Budget 2021-22; NEP, EdTech To Be Focus Areas
- Finance Airtel Adds 4.4 Million Subscribers In Nov While Vi Loses 2.9 Million
- Movies Kapil Sharma Reveals His Wife Is Expecting Second Child; Calls It The Reason For Show To Go Off-Air
- Lifestyle 6 Bad Phases That May Come In A Relationship
- Travel Best Places To Visit In North India In February 2021
The list of India's best-selling cars for the month of July 2020 has been released. The list showcases Maruti Suzuki back on top, occupying seven of the top-10 slots. Among them, the Maruti Suzuki Alto hatchback has retained the title of the best-selling car India, after managing to register the highest sales in the previous month.
Maruti Suzuki Alto, the entry-level hatchback from the brand registered 13,654 units of sales in the month of July 2020. This is a substantial 18 per cent growth compared to the same month in 2019 when the hatchback recorded close to 11,600 units of sales. The Maruti Alto hatchback regained the title of India's best-selling car in June, after losing out to the Hyundai Creta in May 2020.
Following the Maruti Alto is the WagonR hatchback in second place. The Maruti WagonR came in second on the list after registering 13,515 units of sales. This is, however, a 10 per cent drop compared to its sales in July 2019 which were higher at 15,062 units.
The third on the list is the brand's premium hatchback, the Baleno. The Suzuki Baleno sold exclusively through the premium NEXA dealerships registered 11,575 units of sales last month, which is 10 per cent higher than its sales in July 2019 which recorded 10,482 units.
Close behind the Maruti Suzuki Baleno is the Hyundai Creta in fourth place. The Creta SUV is currently the best-selling SUV in India and registered 11,459 units of sales in July 2020. This is a massive 75 per cent increase in yearly sales, compared to 6,585 units during the same month last year.
Finishing the top five on the list is yet another Maruti Suzuki product in the form of the Swift hatchback. The Maruti Swift registered 10,173 units of sales in July 2020; a 20 per cent drop in sales when compared to July of last year when it recorded a higher 12,677 units.
|9||Hyundai i10 Grand||8,368||5,081||65|
|11||Maruti Vitara Brezza||7,807||5,302||47|
|13||Hyundai i20 Elite||6,344||9,012||-30|
|23||Toyota Innova Crysta||2,927||4,865||-40|
Following the Swift are three other Maruti Suzuki offerings, the Dzire, Ertiga and Eeco in sixth, seventh and eighth place, respectively. The Maruti Dzire registered 9,046 units in July 2020, while the Ertiga and Eeco registered similar sales of 8,504 and 8,501 units each during the same period.
The Hyundai Grand i10 came in ninth after registering a massive 65 per cent growth in yearly sales from 5,081 units in July 2019 to 8,368 units last month. The Kia Seltos occupied the last position in the top-10 with 8,270 units. Kia Motors also recently announced that they achieved the 1 lakh sales milestone in India, within 11 months of them entering the Indian market — here are the details.
Thoughts On The Best-Selling Cars In India For July 2020
The Maruti Alto has regained the title of being the top-selling car in the Indian market for two months in a row, post the lockdown. The sales figures also show that demand for cars in the market is slowly creeping back to pre-COVID-19 levels, which is a good sign, especially with the upcoming festive season.