- 14 min ago Independence Day: First President Of India To Use An S-Class Limousine & The Cars Used Before
- 1 hr ago KTM 250 Adventure Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 1 hr ago 2020 Toyota Fortuner TRD Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 34.98 Lakh
- 2 hrs ago Ferrari F8 Tributo Goes On Sale In India: Prices For The Supercar Start From Rs 4.02 Crore
- Movies Ishaan Khatter Calls His Phone Bhoot Co-star Katrina Kaif A ‘Quintessential Glamorous Diva’
- Sports Cricket Australia planning to move Boxing Day Test against India to Adelaide amid COVID-19 fears
- News Mind your business, India tells Pak on Ram Temple
- Finance Vodafone Idea Reports Massive Loss Of Rs 25,460.2 Crore For Apr-June
- Technology Xiaomi Redmi 9C NFC Variant Tipped To Be In Works; Price, Color Options Leaked
- Lifestyle Parijat Tree: Know The Legend Behind ‘Night Jasmine’ And Its Significance
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit Near Delhi In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Kia Motors India has registered a new sales milestone in the Indian market. The South Korean carmaker has achieved sales of 1 lakh units within one year of its entry into the market. Kia Motors India is said to be the fastest vehicle manufacturer to achieve the sales milestone in the country.
The company entered India 11 months back and has two models on sale: Seltos and Carnival. They are now on the verge of introducing a third offering, in the form of a sub-4-metre compact SUV, the Sonet.
The Kia Seltos was the brand's first model in the Indian market and was introduced in August 2019. The Seltos came with a sharp, sporty and aggressive design which immediately caught the attention of customers in the SUV market, even making it the best-selling in the segment on multiple occasions.
The Kia Seltos over the past 11 months has managed to register a little over 97,700 units in the Indian market. The SUV is manufactured at the company's production facility in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh. The Seltos has also become a regular in the country's best-selling car list consistently for multiple months, over the past one year as well.
The Kia Carnival is the brand's second product in the Indian market. The Carnival is a premium MPV offering from Kia Motors and was launched earlier this year at the 2020 Auto Expo. The Kia Carnival since its launch in India has registered around 3,600 units in the Indian market. The Carnival MPV comes with multiple seating configurations and is packed with a host of features and equipment.
Kookhyun Shim, MD and CEO, Kia Motors India said,
"2019 marked an important year for Kia as we introduced our first car for the Indian market with an aim to become a household name in the country. We are overwhelmed with the response and acceptance that Indian customers have shown towards us. Reaching the one lakh milestone with just two products, in a record eleven-month time, is a testament to our commitment to India."
"Today marks a proud moment for all of us at Kia Motors India and after the immense success of Seltos and Carnival, we are confident to keep up the positive momentum and lead the Indian automobile industry by addressing the unmet needs and aspirations of the customers with the upcoming Kia Sonet."
The Kia Sonet will be the brand's third offering in the Indian market and the second ‘made-in-India' model, following the Seltos. The World Premiere of the Kia Sonet has been scheduled to take place on the 7th of August, ahead of its launch in India during the latter part of the month or in early-September.
The Sonet has been spied testing multiple times and once introduced will be positioned in the compact-SUV segment. The Kia Sonet will rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Ford EcoSport, Hyundai Venue and the likes.
Thoughts On The Kia Motors India Sales Milestone
Kia Motors India have become a household name in the Indian market within just a year of its entry. The company's Seltos and Carnival offerings have clicked with Indian customers right from the start and the company hopes the upcoming Sonet will continue to carry this trend going forward as well.