- 4 hrs ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- 4 hrs ago Royal Enfield Partners With CEAT For Interceptor 650 Tyres: Here Are All Details
- 4 hrs ago Bangalore Dealer Delivers 100 Nissan Magnite In A Single Day: Read More To Find Out
- 5 hrs ago 2021 Tata Safari Interior Details Revealed Ahead Of Launch: Here’s What To Expect!
- Sports Afridi asks former Pak greats to follow Dravid's footsteps in grooming young talents
- News Covid-19 vaccination Day 1: 1 ‘severe’, 51 ‘minor’ cases of adverse events reported in Delhi
- Movies MTV Roadies Revolution: Delhi Boy Hamid Barkzi From Nikhil’s Team Wins The 17th Edition Of The Show
- Finance Amid COVID-19 Domestic Air Traffic Fell To A 7-Year Low In 2020
- Technology BSNL Offering OTT Benefits With Add-On Packs
- Lifestyle Congratulatory Messages, Wishes & Quotes To Share On The Birth Of A Baby
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Kia Motors India has registered a new sales milestone in the Indian market. The South Korean carmaker has achieved sales of 1 lakh units within one year of its entry into the market. Kia Motors India is said to be the fastest vehicle manufacturer to achieve the sales milestone in the country.
The company entered India 11 months back and has two models on sale: Seltos and Carnival. They are now on the verge of introducing a third offering, in the form of a sub-4-metre compact SUV, the Sonet.
The Kia Seltos was the brand's first model in the Indian market and was introduced in August 2019. The Seltos came with a sharp, sporty and aggressive design which immediately caught the attention of customers in the SUV market, even making it the best-selling in the segment on multiple occasions.
The Kia Seltos over the past 11 months has managed to register a little over 97,700 units in the Indian market. The SUV is manufactured at the company's production facility in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh. The Seltos has also become a regular in the country's best-selling car list consistently for multiple months, over the past one year as well.
The Kia Carnival is the brand's second product in the Indian market. The Carnival is a premium MPV offering from Kia Motors and was launched earlier this year at the 2020 Auto Expo. The Kia Carnival since its launch in India has registered around 3,600 units in the Indian market. The Carnival MPV comes with multiple seating configurations and is packed with a host of features and equipment.
Kookhyun Shim, MD and CEO, Kia Motors India said,
"2019 marked an important year for Kia as we introduced our first car for the Indian market with an aim to become a household name in the country. We are overwhelmed with the response and acceptance that Indian customers have shown towards us. Reaching the one lakh milestone with just two products, in a record eleven-month time, is a testament to our commitment to India."
"Today marks a proud moment for all of us at Kia Motors India and after the immense success of Seltos and Carnival, we are confident to keep up the positive momentum and lead the Indian automobile industry by addressing the unmet needs and aspirations of the customers with the upcoming Kia Sonet."
The Kia Sonet will be the brand's third offering in the Indian market and the second ‘made-in-India' model, following the Seltos. The World Premiere of the Kia Sonet has been scheduled to take place on the 7th of August, ahead of its launch in India during the latter part of the month or in early-September.
The Sonet has been spied testing multiple times and once introduced will be positioned in the compact-SUV segment. The Kia Sonet will rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Ford EcoSport, Hyundai Venue and the likes.
Thoughts On The Kia Motors India Sales Milestone
Kia Motors India have become a household name in the Indian market within just a year of its entry. The company's Seltos and Carnival offerings have clicked with Indian customers right from the start and the company hopes the upcoming Sonet will continue to carry this trend going forward as well.