- 4 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 6 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 7 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 21 hrs ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Sports Milan duo Calhanoglu and Hernandez test positive for COVID-19
- News Doubling farmers income biggest priority of Modi govt: Shah
- Movies 51st IFFI Kick Starts With Enthralling Cultural Performances To Celebrate The Joy Of Cinema
- Lifestyle Floral- Perfect! Pooja Hegde’s Pink Traditional Outfit Is Ideal For Upcoming Festive Occasions
- Technology Who Owns Hike Messenger? Which Country It Belongs To?
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
The Bentley Flying Spur has completed over 40,000 units in production for the luxury automaker. The new milestone mark was announced recently as the 40,000th example of the luxury sports sedan rolled out from the production line at the company manufacturing facility in Crewe, the UK.
Originally christened the Continental Flying Spur, was changed to Flying Spur to help distinguish the car from the Continental GT. According to the company, the Bentley Flying Spur is the most successful luxury sport sedan across the world.
The Flying Spur is currently in its third-generation model and has been enhanced in both performance and luxury over the generations. Each one of the 40,000 cars manufactured has spent more than 100 hours on a dedicated production line where a 250-strong team will assemble the every Flying Spur by hand.
Once assembled, the car is subjected to hundreds of quality checks with minute attention to detail. The car is then shipped to its owner in one of the 68 different countries Bentley operates. The company has been manufacturing the Flying Spur for 15 years.
According to the company, approximately 50 per cent have been sold to customers in China and the Americas regions. These two regions are among the brand's biggest market across the world. While the UK has contributed to 10 per cent to the overall sales of the Flying Spur.
The remaining 40 per cent of cars are being enjoyed by customers in Europe, the Middle East and the Asia Pacific. One of the examples was delivered to a businessman in India as well — here are more details.
The illustrious history of the Bentley Flying Spur dates back to 1952. After 13 year and many models in production between 1952 and 1965, the Flying Spur name was no longer part of the company's portfolio.
Bentley revived the Continental Flying Spur name in 2005, as a four-door version of the Continental GT coupe in the true spirit of the name. The new model was available with a W12 engine and all-wheel drive and could reach a top speed of 312km/h.
In 2013, Bentley launched the second-generation Flying Spur as a distinctly separate model line. The Continental moniker was removed from the second-gen model. The second-gen model had received minor updates for six years, including the addition of a 4.0-litre twin-turbo V8 engine.
The company decided to launch the third-generation Bentley Flying Spur last year. Bentley has redesigned the all-new Flying Spur from the ground up with a host of new technologies including a mild-hybrid powertrain as well. It is also the brand's first model to feature all-wheel drive and steering as well.
Thoughts About The Bentley Flying Spur Production Crossing 40,000 Units Milestone Mark
The Bentley Flying Spur is a four-door sedan that offers maximum performance along with luxury and comfort staying true to the brand's lineage. The company is also offering the latest technology for the ultimate driving experience of the luxury sedan. The Bently Flying Spur currently retails at a starting price of Rs 4.06 crore, ex-showroom (India).