- 9 hrs ago Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- 11 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Top Two-Wheeler Stories From Previous Week In The Market
- 12 hrs ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Main Headlines From The Week Gone By!
- 1 day ago 2021 Aprilia RSV4 and RSV4 Factory Revealed: Here Is Everything You Need To Know
- Sports Public outcry in Greece after Olympic medalist opens up about sexual assault
- News Wuhan scientists admit to being bitten by COVID-19 infected bats
- Technology Motorola Nio Design Tipped Via Leaked Hand-On Images; To Flaunt Dual-Slefie Camera Module
- Movies Bigg Boss 14: Salman Khan And Other Former Contestants Condole Talent Manager Pista Dhakad's Death
- Lifestyle 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Maruti Suzuki launched the Celerio back in 2015 in India. The hatchback received a really good response since its inception. However, the Maruti Celerio has now been due for a generation upgrade and last year, the company said that it is working on the new Celerio. The new car is expected to launch sometime next year.
As seen in the images captured by Motoroctane, the Maruti Celerio has been spotted testing for the first time on the Indian road. The car is being tested under heavy wraps, but it is clearly visible that the shape of the car has been changed slightly.
The next generation Celerio is expected to feature tweaked bumpers and the car also looks slightly taller compared to the previous-gen model. The car will be sharing its platform with other Maruti cars like S-Presso, Wagon R, Swift and the Baleno. Other features could include LED DRLs, projector headlights, stylish alloys, LED tail lights, rear wiper and ORVMs with integrated LED turn indicators, etc.
On the inside, the upcoming Celerio is likely to get a new touchscreen infotainment system that features Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, fabric upholstery, automatic AC, steering mounted controls, dual front airbags as standard, parking camera assist, speed sensor, ABS, EBD and many more.
We do not have any information about the new Celerio's engine options, but we are expecting the car to be powered by the 1.0-liter 3 cylinder petrol BS6 engine that powers the current Celerio. The engine pumps out 66bhp of power and 90Nm of peak torque and will be mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox and will also be available with an AMT. The car could also get a CNG option at a later stage.
In other recent Maruti Suzuki news, The company's premium dealership chain, Nexa, will be receiving the BS6 iteration of the S-Cross crossover hatchback in the coming days. The 2020 S-Cross was recently spotted at the dealer yard ahead of its launch in the country.
Thoughts About The Next Generation Maruti Celerio
Maruti Suzuki is launching the new Celerio at the right time as the market is going up for the small car segment. We expect the company to price the new Celerio between the Rs 4.5 to 6.5 lakh mark. Once launched, the car will go up against the likes of the Tata Tiago, Renault Kwid and the Renault Triber.