- 23 min ago Honda Cruiser Motorcycle Likely To Be Called H’Ness: Details Revealed Ahead Of Launch
- 2 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Subscription Launched For New Cars In Delhi, NCR & Bangalore
- 3 hrs ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Finance Scheme Announced In India: Low EMI Offer
- 17 hrs ago Okinawa Oki100 Electric Motorcycle Details Revealed: To Be Launched During Festive Season This Year
- Technology Google Pixel 4a Users Complain Ghost Touch Issue: Report
- Movies Suchitra Krishnamoorthi Says She Was Told To Attend Karan Johar's Parties To Make Comeback In Films
- Finance SBI Warns Customers Against Fake E-mails: Here's What To Do
- News Kerala man tests positive for Covid-19 thrice in 6 months
- Sports Sunil Gavaskar in soup after brash comment on Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma, fans want him removed
- Education MPSOS Result 2020 Declared For Class 10 And Class 12 Ruk Jana Nahi August Exams
- Lifestyle Khaali Peeli: Ananya Panday Flaunts Her Western As Well As Desi Looks In The Trailer
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In October To Welcome The Beginning Of Winter
Maruti Suzuki's premium dealership chain, Nexa, will be receiving a new model soon in the market. It will be the BS6 iteration of the S-Cross crossover hatchback that is expected to launch in the coming days.
The upcoming 2020 S-Cross will be sold as a petrol-only model replacing the diesel engine that was available in its BS4 counterpart. The company has begun accepting pre-bookings for the soon-to-be-launched car for a token amount of Rs 11,000.
According to latest images shared by Gaadiwaadi, it reveals 2020 S-Cross arriving at dealer yard ahead of its launch in the country. It indicates that deliveries could begin soon after its launch on August 5, 2020.
Maruti Suzuki is expected to offer the 2020 S-Cross in seven variants. This includes four trims: Sigma, Delta, Zeta and Alpha, Delta AT, Zeta AT, and Alpha AT. Customers looking for automatic powertrain can choose between three different trim levels.
Along with multiple variants, the S-Cross will be offered with a total of five colour options: blue, brown, grey, white and silver. The BS4 S-Cross retailed between Rs 8.80 lakh and Rs 11.43 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). We expect prices for the BS6 models to be similar.
The 2020 S-Cross will undergo slight design revisions inside and out. Changes on the exterior include new LED headlamps, tail lamps, alloy wheels and more. However, the overall design and silhouette will remain unchanged.
Interiors of the soon-to-be-launched hatchback will undergo slight revision. The biggest change will be the brand's latest SmartPlay Studio touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and voice commands. The 2020 S-Cross could also be revised with new upholstery giving it a more premium look and feel.
The S-Cross BS6 model will be powered by Suzuki's 1.5-litre petrol engine, with the brand's ‘SHVS' mild-hybrid technology. The same engine is currently powering other models in the brand's line-up such as the Ertiga, the Ciaz and the Vitara Brezza compact-SUV.
The engine produces 104bhp and 138Nm of torque and comes mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox. The company will offer an optional four-speed torque-converter as well. There will be no diesel engine on offer as the company has decided to discontinue the powertrain that was featured on the BS4 models.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki S-Cross Spotted At Dealer Yard Ahead Of Launch This Month
The Maruti Suzuki S-Cross is expected to be placed between the Baleno premium hatchback and the Ciaz premium sedan. The company is looking to massively expand its Nexa model lin-up by introducing a couple of new vehicles in the coming years.
The S-Cross has been a popular choice among the enthusiast motorists in the country. Whether the petrol-only approach will be accepted by the niche market that the model caters to, remains to be seen.