- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- 1 day ago MG Will Showcase A Total Of 14 Models At The 2020 Auto Expo: Future Of Mobility
- 1 day ago TVS Apache RR310 BS6 Is Expected To Launch On 25th Of January
- 1 day ago Dakar 2020 Stage 12 Highlights: Ricky Brabec Wins The Rally
- News TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu asks CM Jagan Reddy not to shift capital from Amaravati
- Sports Australian Open 2020: Changing of the guard 'inevitable' says Djokovic
- Lifestyle 9 Amazing Health Benefits Of Hurdles For Body Fitness
- Technology Indian IT Ministry Issues Social Media Guidelines For Account Identity Verification
- Movies Ala Vaikunthapuramloo Day 7 Box Office Collection: The Film Crosses 100 Crore In Just One Week!
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Volkswagen launches cup editions of the Polo, Ameo and Vento. The Volkswagen Polo Cup Edition is priced at Rs 6.49 lakh, the Ameo Cup Edition is priced at Rs 6.19 lakh and the Vento Cup Edition is priced at Rs 9.24 lakh, all prices ex-showroom.
The Cup Edition has been designed to please cricket enthusiasts and were launched just before the start of the 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup. As you might have guessed already, the Volkswagen Cup Edition cars are targeted at cricket enthusiasts.
Cricket is a revered game in India and there are millions of cricket fans in the sub-continent. Since cricket is such a huge sport in our country, the World Cup too automatically becomes one of the most-watched events.
Volkswagen seems to have cashed in on Indians and their love for cricket by launching the Cup Edition cars. This is not the first time that Volkswagen has launched special editions of its cars to commemorate or recognise a cricket event. We have in the past had IPL editions as well.
Now though, VW is offering a special edition to recognise the 2019 Cricket World Cup. The Cup Edition cars are based on the Comfortline variants and feature designs that are very similar to the standard car. However, there are a few aesthetic differences.
There are no changes at the front of the cars. On the sides, running along the doors, one can find decals that depict the world cup. On the front fenders are cup logos finished in chrome. The Cup theme gets carried to the interiors too as the seats come with a faux leather cover that also feature the cup logo.
The decals on the side of the cars are finished differently for the cup editions of the Polo, Ameo and Vento. The alloy wheels too are different on all three cars. The VW Polo Cup Edition features 'Razor' alloy wheels, the Ameo Cup Edition features 'Tosa' alloy wheels and the Vento Cup Edition rides on 'Linas' alloy wheels. All of the wheels are 15-inch in size.
The Volkswagen Polo and Ameo Cup Editions are powered by a three-cylinder petrol engine with a maximum power output of 76bhp and a peak torque output of 95Nm. The Vento Cup Edition on the other hand is powered by a more powerful 1.6-litre, four-cylinder petrol engine with an output of 105bhp and 153Nm. A 5-speed manual gearbox takes care of transmission duties.
All Cup Edition cars are currently powered by petrol engines only, and this is only for the initial batch. Diesel variants will soon be made available. Other than the aforementioned changes, the cup edition cars come with the same features as the standard Comfortline variants of the cars
Thoughts On Volkswagen Launches Cup Editions Of The Polo, Ameo & Vento
VW has always been an active purveyor of special edition cricket variants and so there is no surprise there that it has come up with Cup Editions of its best-selling cars. Hardcore cricket enthusiasts would definitely go ahead and purchase the Cup Edition cars.