- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso India Launch Confirmed For The 30th Of September: Details & Specs
- 1 day ago Benling Aura Electric Scooter Launching In September: Will Rival The Ather 450 In India
- 1 day ago Kia Seltos Top Features: Here Are The Key Features Available On The Kia Seltos SUV
- 1 day ago Maruti XL6 Official Accessories Launched: Gets Roof Spoiler, Carpet Mats & More!
- News RBI board meet today, likely to discuss on Bimal Jalan report
- Sports Raonic withdraws from US Open due to glute injury
- Movies Did Upheaval In Darshan’s Personal Life End His Friendship With Sudeep? Sudeep’s Family Targeted
- Finance Sensex Rallies On FM's Booster Dose; Gains 330 Points
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Note10 And Note10 Plus Accessories: Best Cases And Covers to Buy In India
- Lifestyle LFW W/F 2019 Day Five: Genelia D’ Souza Gives Us The Best Showstopper Moment With This Red Lehenga
- Education NTA To Conduct JNU Entrance Test JNUET In May 2020
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Volkswagen launches cup editions of the Polo, Ameo and Vento. The Volkswagen Polo Cup Edition is priced at Rs 6.49 lakh, the Ameo Cup Edition is priced at Rs 6.19 lakh and the Vento Cup Edition is priced at Rs 9.24 lakh, all prices ex-showroom.
The Cup Edition has been designed to please cricket enthusiasts and were launched just before the start of the 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup. As you might have guessed already, the Volkswagen Cup Edition cars are targeted at cricket enthusiasts.
Cricket is a revered game in India and there are millions of cricket fans in the sub-continent. Since cricket is such a huge sport in our country, the World Cup too automatically becomes one of the most-watched events.
Volkswagen seems to have cashed in on Indians and their love for cricket by launching the Cup Edition cars. This is not the first time that Volkswagen has launched special editions of its cars to commemorate or recognise a cricket event. We have in the past had IPL editions as well.
Now though, VW is offering a special edition to recognise the 2019 Cricket World Cup. The Cup Edition cars are based on the Comfortline variants and feature designs that are very similar to the standard car. However, there are a few aesthetic differences.
There are no changes at the front of the cars. On the sides, running along the doors, one can find decals that depict the world cup. On the front fenders are cup logos finished in chrome. The Cup theme gets carried to the interiors too as the seats come with a faux leather cover that also feature the cup logo.
The decals on the side of the cars are finished differently for the cup editions of the Polo, Ameo and Vento. The alloy wheels too are different on all three cars. The VW Polo Cup Edition features 'Razor' alloy wheels, the Ameo Cup Edition features 'Tosa' alloy wheels and the Vento Cup Edition rides on 'Linas' alloy wheels. All of the wheels are 15-inch in size.
The Volkswagen Polo and Ameo Cup Editions are powered by a three-cylinder petrol engine with a maximum power output of 76bhp and a peak torque output of 95Nm. The Vento Cup Edition on the other hand is powered by a more powerful 1.6-litre, four-cylinder petrol engine with an output of 105bhp and 153Nm. A 5-speed manual gearbox takes care of transmission duties.
All Cup Edition cars are currently powered by petrol engines only, and this is only for the initial batch. Diesel variants will soon be made available. Other than the aforementioned changes, the cup edition cars come with the same features as the standard Comfortline variants of the cars
Thoughts On Volkswagen Launches Cup Editions Of The Polo, Ameo & Vento
VW has always been an active purveyor of special edition cricket variants and so there is no surprise there that it has come up with Cup Editions of its best-selling cars. Hardcore cricket enthusiasts would definitely go ahead and purchase the Cup Edition cars.