- 17 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 19 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 19 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 20 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- News Valued at Rs 6,60,19,46,757 Kamal Nath’s son Nakul is richest MP
- Sports Gutsy Valencia shock Barcelona to win Copa del Rey
- Technology How to fix USB device format error in Windows
- Movies CATFIGHT DIARY! When Anushka Sharma SLAMMED Deepika Padukone & Said 'Stop Throwing Garbage At Me'
- Lifestyle Diana Penty’s Sparkling Pink Gown Is Perfect For A Formal Dinner Evening
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Mahindra Electric has announced the deployment of its electric vehicles on well-known ride-hailing app Uber. Uber and Mahindra started this partnership by flagging off 50 electric vehicles in the city of Hyderabad.
The 50 vehicles includes the Mahindra eVerito and the e2O. Uber and Mahindra Electric intend to expand this partnership to other major cities as soon as possible. In November 2017, Mahindra announced its agreement with Uber to supply electric cars. The deal has now come to fruition with the first batch of vehicles being deployed in Hyderabad.
Obviously, 50 vehicles would not be adequate enough for a city the size of Hyderabad, hence Uber has announced that the company would be adding more electric cars to its fleet in Hyderabad even as it expands to other cities.
More than 30 common-use charging points have been set up by public and private sector players and the electric taxis operated by Uber will makes use of these charging points.
Mahesh Babu, CEO - Mahindra Electric was quoted as saying, "Our collaboration with Uber is aimed at accelerating the large scale adoption of electric vehicles on shared mobility platforms, thereby driving a positive change in daily commute."
"Today while thanking the Telangana Government for its support, we are excited to embark on this journey to make shared EV commute eco-friendly and transform the way people in Hyderabad commute. Going forward we plan to further deploy our vehicles across multiple cities on the Uber platform."
As part of the program drivers partners of Uber can avail Mahindra Electric vehicles and comprehensive maintenance packages at competitive prices. The drivers will also be able to get lower insurance premiums and lower rates of interest on financing schemes.
Thoughts On Mahindra Electric Cars Deployed As Uber Taxis In Hyderabad
Uber is the largest ride-hailing app in the world with presence in multiple countries. In India, the American brand is involved in a tough fight with Indian cab aggregator Ola. By launching electric cars, Uber has displayed better preparedness for the future and Mahindra Electric has made things in the electric car landscape a lot better.