- 1 day ago Okinawa Offers Special Discounts On Their Electric Scooter Range This Festive Season
- 1 day ago New Bugatti Centodieci Unveiled: Pays Homage To 110 Years Of Bugatti & The Iconic EB110
- 1 day ago Emflux Two And Two+ Electric Motorcycle Teaser Reveals Performance And Range Figures
- 1 day ago New Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Starts Arriving At Dealerships: Launch On 20th August
- Sports Ashes 2019: Labuschagne steps up in Smith's absence as Australia survive Archer onslaught for Lord's draw
- Movies Karan Johar Calls Out A Troll Who Mocked His Sexuality!
- News Amit Shah says Congress has "no shame" as it continues to oppose "evil practice" of triple talaq
- Technology Difference between OpenGL and DirectX12
- Lifestyle How Can Birth Control Pills Affect A Woman's Life
- Finance Pokemon Cards Sold For Over $1,00,000 In An Online Auction
- Education CA IPCC Result 2019 Likely To Be Announced On Aug 23 Or 24
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Mahindra Electric has announced the deployment of its electric vehicles on well-known ride-hailing app Uber. Uber and Mahindra started this partnership by flagging off 50 electric vehicles in the city of Hyderabad.
The 50 vehicles includes the Mahindra eVerito and the e2O. Uber and Mahindra Electric intend to expand this partnership to other major cities as soon as possible. In November 2017, Mahindra announced its agreement with Uber to supply electric cars. The deal has now come to fruition with the first batch of vehicles being deployed in Hyderabad.
Obviously, 50 vehicles would not be adequate enough for a city the size of Hyderabad, hence Uber has announced that the company would be adding more electric cars to its fleet in Hyderabad even as it expands to other cities.
More than 30 common-use charging points have been set up by public and private sector players and the electric taxis operated by Uber will makes use of these charging points.
Mahesh Babu, CEO - Mahindra Electric was quoted as saying, "Our collaboration with Uber is aimed at accelerating the large scale adoption of electric vehicles on shared mobility platforms, thereby driving a positive change in daily commute."
"Today while thanking the Telangana Government for its support, we are excited to embark on this journey to make shared EV commute eco-friendly and transform the way people in Hyderabad commute. Going forward we plan to further deploy our vehicles across multiple cities on the Uber platform."
As part of the program drivers partners of Uber can avail Mahindra Electric vehicles and comprehensive maintenance packages at competitive prices. The drivers will also be able to get lower insurance premiums and lower rates of interest on financing schemes.
Thoughts On Mahindra Electric Cars Deployed As Uber Taxis In Hyderabad
Uber is the largest ride-hailing app in the world with presence in multiple countries. In India, the American brand is involved in a tough fight with Indian cab aggregator Ola. By launching electric cars, Uber has displayed better preparedness for the future and Mahindra Electric has made things in the electric car landscape a lot better.