TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kulbhushan Jadhav Case At ICJ: Proceedings Adjourned Till Tomorrow
- Mahindra XUV300 Vs Maruti Vitara Brezza — A Detailed Comparison
- Formula One 2019: Nico +Rosberg Most Excited About Vettel-Leclerc Partnership In 2019, Says It Will Be 'Super Fun'
- Airtel Reintroduces Two Prepaid Recharge Plans For Its Subscribers
- Are Exchange Traded Funds ETF Suitable For Your Investment Portfolio?
- Kamalpur — The Long Lost Love Affair Of North-East India
- Alia Bhatt Reveals When She Will Marry Ranbir!
- Anushka Sharma's Street-style Outfit Is Our Latest OOTD
Uber India can ban or suspend its drivers, riders and users if they fail to follow the brand's updated community guidelines. The individuals falling under the ban will not be able to use any other services offered by the company, including Uber Eats.
Uber, the leading cab service company, operates across multiple continents. Uber India is one of their major subsidiaries and has an active user base. Due to the good business base in India, the company even introduced UberBOAT in Mumbai.
That said, here is a brief outline of Uber India's updated community guidelines:
- Riders should not damage the cab or the properties in it
- No spoiling the cab's interiors intentionally with food or drinks.
- Smoking and drinking are strictly prohibited
- No vomiting due to excessive alcohol consumption
- Users should not come in physical contact with the driver or other passengers (the same applies to the driver)
- No verbal abuse or inappropriate gestures
- No unwanted contact (calling, messaging, etc.) with the users once the trip is over
- Drivers should follow proper traffic rules and local rules applicable
- Anonymous pickups or servicing from outside Uber app is not allowed
In addition to the above-mentioned points, anything which might compromise the safety and integrity of the driver or user will invite ban and legal charges of offence.
Uber drivers are expected to maintain a high acceptance rate and a low cancellation rate. The performance of the drivers (and the quality of users) are determined by the average star rating they receive. For the same reason, drivers and riders can lose their access to all services under Uber if they fail to attain a minimum rating. The average star rating is taken into account from the last 500 trips.
Thoughts On Uber India's Ban Policies
There have been multiple reports in the country over the past few years regarding mischief and safety threats through online cab services. Uber India has faced a lot of remarks in this regard and the new set of community guidelines are crafted to make an end to this.