- 53 min ago MG Gloster To Be Locally Assembled: Expected India Launch During Diwali
- 1 hr ago Car Sales Report For May 2020: Toyota Registers 1,639 Units Of Sales Since Resuming Operations
- 2 hrs ago Tata Harrier Dark BS6 Special Edition SUV Started To Arrive At Dealerships
- 1 day ago Top Car News Of The Week: Here Are The Highlights From The Auto Industry Of The Week Gone By
- Movies Ajay Devgn Pays For Oxygen Cylinders And Ventilators At New Quarantine Facility In Dharavi
- Lifestyle 12 Personality Traits Of People Born In The Month Of June That Make Them Special
- News Violence, abuse and rude behaviour against front-line workers not acceptable: PM
- Sports Australia cricketers resume training at Sydney Olympic Park
- Technology Vivo X50 Series Confirmed To Hit Indian Market Soon: Report
- Finance Voltas Jumps Over 11% On Q4 Results, Brokerage Calls
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Uber India has launched their UberBOAT speedboat service in India for the first time. The boat service from Uber, in partnership with the Maharashtra Maritime Board, flagged off in Mumbai on February 1, 2019.
Mumbai residents can make bookings for UberBOAT via the mobility service company's app, just like hailing an Uber cab. At present, the routes covered under UberBOAT are the Gateway of India, Elephanta Islands and Mandwa Jetty.
The rates/fares applicable for UberBOAT speedboats in Mumbai are as follows:
- UberBOAT (6-8 seater): Rs 5700
- UberBOAT XL (10+ seater): Rs 9500
The boats come with enough safety equipment such as life jackets, emergency contact details, safety instruction manuals, fire extinguishers and printed collaterals.
Furthermore, UberBOAT will provide a part-time or full-time employment opportunity to regular boat operators, in and around Mumbai.
Prabhjeet Singh, Head of Cities of Uber India & South Asia shared, "We are excited to launch Uber Boat in Mumbai, in partnership with Maharashtra Maritime Board. As pioneers in the organized on-demand transport system, Uber's vision is to create a multi-modal platform to better serve riders and the cities we operate in. With UberBOAT, we will tap the vast potential of the city's waterways transport system. We aim to provide efficient and easily accessible services to riders who are looking at navigating through these specific routes. With this service, boat operators will be able to gain access to Uber's highly engaged rider base and enhance their earning opportunity."
If the project becomes successful, Uber India will consider introducing UberBOAT in more cities across the country. The service will definitely prove useful in tropical regions such as South India, but the company has not shared any plans regarding this yet.
On the other hand, Uber is also working on an aerial mobility service. Yes, we can expect a Uber flying taxi in the not-too-distant future. The company has already partnered with a few leaders in the field of aviation to develop a working model — here's everything you need to know about Uber's flying taxi service.
Thoughts On UberBOAT
App-based cab services have gained a lot of traction in India due to the convenience they offer; especially in urban regions with tight traffic conditions. Other forms of transport services are also witnessing an increased user demand lately. Will UberBOAT excel in this space? Let us know in the comment section below.