- 39 min ago Tamil Nadu Announced A New EV Policy: Aims At Becoming EV Hub Of India
- 50 min ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR-Based XL5 Premium Hatchback Spotted Testing
- 1 hr ago Mahindra Car Sales India August 2019: Bolero Becomes Brand’s Top-Seller Yet Again
- 2 hrs ago Renault Triber First Drive Review — The Budget Friendly MPV
- Movies Bigil Audio Launch: What Will Vijay's Speech Be About? Fans Are Waiting!
- Lifestyle Lip Stain: What is It And How To Use It
- News Never asked for imposing Hindi over other regional languages: Amit Shah
- Education What Is CBSE Private Candidate? Know About Eligibility, Form, Admit Card And Result
- Sports Osaka battles into quarters as Kerber rediscovers winning habit
- Technology Dead Russian Satellite Debris Might Be Huge Threat To Genesis II Spacecraft
- Finance Airtel Payments Bank Launches "Bharosa" Savings Account
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Indian auto giant Maruti Suzuki said it will source its mini-SUV, the Brezza from Toyota as part of its MoU signed in 2017. The MoU has been expanded to include joint production of vehicles. The MOU also allows for Toyota to sell the Brezza after implementing certain modifications. This is the second car after the Baleno that Toyota would sell. Although Maruti Suzuki is now the sole producer of the Baleno.
The Brezza is an urban SUV that is manufactured by Maruti Suzuki, and is scheduled to be built at one of two factories of Toyota Kirloskar Motors starting 2022.
Changes in the existing MOU expand to joint production, promotion of Electric Vehicles, and sharing engine designs, among many others. The goal of the MoU is technological partnerships, environment protection, safety and information, and an exchange of products and components.
In addition, the board approved a three-year extension of its Managing Director and CEO, Kenichi Ayukawa. "We hereby intimate that the board approved the following the reappointment of Kenichi Ayukawa as Managing Director and CEO of the company for a period of three years with effect from April 1, 2019 on the existing terms and conditions including remuneration," the company said in a statement.
The Brezza is available in 9 diesel variants and 6 colours-Fiery Yellow With Pearl Arctic White Roof, Blazing Red With Midnight Black Roof, Granite Grey, Premium Silver, Pearl Arctic White, and Autumn Orange With Pearl Arctic White Roof. The SUV is powered by a 1.2-Litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine. Maximum power stands at 66kW @ 4000 rpm, and maximum torque stands at 200Nm @ 1750rpm. Prices range from Rs 7.67 lakh to 10.64 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
What We Think About Toyota Making The Maruti Suzuki Brezza
The Japs are best at what they do. One can only imagine the reliability Toyota will bring to the Brezza!