- 1 hr ago Tata Offers Automatic Transmission On The Tigor
- 1 hr ago Revolt e-Bike Features Multiple Switchable Exhaust Sounds; Unveiling Tomorrow
- 2 hrs ago Jeep Compass Trailhawk First Drive Review — The Premium Off-Roader You’ve Been Waiting For!
- 3 hrs ago Toyota Innova Rolls Over Thrice In Crash; Airbags Fail To Deploy
- Technology Tata Sky Launches 'Room TV Service: Here Are All The Details
- Movies Priya Prakash Varrier Faces Backlash Due To WRONG DECISIONS?
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: After Dhawan, it's Bhuvi: With each memorable win, India are also getting an injury baggage
- Lifestyle A Magical Tree Produces 40 Different Types Of Fruits
- Education RSOS 10th Result 2019 Likely To Be Released Today
- Finance ICICI Bank FD And RD Interest Rates Revised
- News Funds for personal reasons, how money created a rift within the Hurriyat
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Indian auto giant Maruti Suzuki said it will source its mini-SUV, the Brezza from Toyota as part of its MoU signed in 2017. The MoU has been expanded to include joint production of vehicles. The MOU also allows for Toyota to sell the Brezza after implementing certain modifications. This is the second car after the Baleno that Toyota would sell. Although Maruti Suzuki is now the sole producer of the Baleno.
The Brezza is an urban SUV that is manufactured by Maruti Suzuki, and is scheduled to be built at one of two factories of Toyota Kirloskar Motors starting 2022.
Changes in the existing MOU expand to joint production, promotion of Electric Vehicles, and sharing engine designs, among many others. The goal of the MoU is technological partnerships, environment protection, safety and information, and an exchange of products and components.
In addition, the board approved a three-year extension of its Managing Director and CEO, Kenichi Ayukawa. "We hereby intimate that the board approved the following the reappointment of Kenichi Ayukawa as Managing Director and CEO of the company for a period of three years with effect from April 1, 2019 on the existing terms and conditions including remuneration," the company said in a statement.
The Brezza is available in 9 diesel variants and 6 colours-Fiery Yellow With Pearl Arctic White Roof, Blazing Red With Midnight Black Roof, Granite Grey, Premium Silver, Pearl Arctic White, and Autumn Orange With Pearl Arctic White Roof. The SUV is powered by a 1.2-Litre, 4-cylinder diesel engine. Maximum power stands at 66kW @ 4000 rpm, and maximum torque stands at 200Nm @ 1750rpm. Prices range from Rs 7.67 lakh to 10.64 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
What We Think About Toyota Making The Maruti Suzuki Brezza
The Japs are best at what they do. One can only imagine the reliability Toyota will bring to the Brezza!