- 10 hrs ago Tata Altroz Launched In India Starting At Rs 5.29 Lakh Ex-Showroom
- 2 days ago Kia Carnival Review (First Drive): Extravagant On Space, Feature-Loaded And BSVI-Compliant
- 2 days ago MG ZS Electric SUV Registers 2,800 Units In Bookings Within 27 Days Of Unveil
- 2 days ago Amazon Introduces Three And Four Wheeler EVs For Product Delivery
- Movies Nora Fatehi’s Ponytail In Street Dancer 3D Cost A Whopping 2.5 Lakhs!
- News Present wave of peaceful protests in India will deepen its democratic roots, says Pranab Mukherjee
- Sports ISL 2019-20: CFC 4-1 JFC: Nerijus Valskis brace helps Chennaiyin close gap on top-four with dominating win at home
- Technology Redmi K20, Redmi Note 7 Pro, Redmi Go Get Permanent Price Cut Up To Rs. 3,000
- Lifestyle 16 Amazing Ways To Tame Frizzy Hair Instantly
- Finance Best Travel Credit Cards in India
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Toyota has released its first official teaser of the upcoming Glanza hatchback. The Toyota Glanza is expected to go on sale in the Indian market sometime in June 2019.
The Toyota Glanza teaser video showcases the rear panel of the hatchback, along with the rear wheel which bears the Toyota badge. The Glanza is essentially the rebadged version of the Maruti Baleno.
Toyota recently announced the 'Glanza' name for its upcoming Baleno hatchback. The Toyota Glanza will come powered by a 1.2-litre petrol engine mated to either a five-speed manual or automatic gearbox.
It will share all the body panels with the Maruti Baleno. However there will be a number of changes made to the overall styling of the hatchback to differentiate it from the Baleno. Apart from the exteriors, Toyota is also said to borrow certain components of the interiors of the Maruti Baleno as well, although they will also undergo subtle changes.
The Glanza hatchback is the first product to come out of the Toyota-Suzuki partnership in the country. According to the collaboration between the two Japanese companies, Maruti Suzuki will supply multiple products to Toyota, who in return will manufacture them in their own facility.
Products such as the Baleno, Vitara Brezza, Ertiga and the Ciaz will also get the rebadged treatment soon and will be seen retailing in Toyota dealerships across the country.
More recent news also confirmed that Maruti Suzuki's Vitara Brezza will be manufactured at the Toyota Kirloskar facility in Bangalore. This will help both companies benefit, as Toyota's plant has been under-utilised with low production numbers.
To help Glanza stand out in the hatchback segment, Toyota will also offer the car with longer warranty. According to earlier reports, the Toyota Glanza will come with a standard three-year/1,00,000km warranty. There will be an option to extend the warranty to either five or seven years as well.
Thoughts On The Toyota Glanza Hatchback Teaser Video
It will be interesting to see how Toyota market the Glanza in the Indian market. WIth the Maruti Baleno already established as a successful product, Toyota will have to come up with other ways to attract customers towards the rebadged version of the same. The Toyota Glanza will also rival the same competitors in the segment as the Baleno, this includes the Honda Jazz and the Elite i20.