- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- 1 day ago Honda CB Shine BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected This Year
- 1 day ago MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone Crossed: 6,000 SUVs Already Delivered
- 1 day ago Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- News Maharashtra, Haryana Election 2019: BJP looks to retain power, Congress eyes comeback
- Sports Tearful Murray soaks up European Open win
- Movies Shah Rukh Khan Flaunts A Jacket Gifted By Karan Johar, Hilariously Demands A Pair Of Heels!
- Technology How To Pin Live Score On Android Homescreen
- Finance 4 High Interest Rate Fixed Deposits You Can Buy Online
- Lifestyle 7 Sweet And Adorable Things Siblings Do ForEach Other While Growing Up
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
Toyota Glanza will be receiving a price hike soon in the Indian market. The premium hatchback, based on the Maruti Suzuki Baleno was launched in India earlier this month and is offered with a starting price of Rs 7.22 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Apart from the price hike on the Toyota Glanza in the Indian market, the company is also said to be working on introducing a new variant to the car's lineup. The new Toyota Glanza variant will be positioned below the current ‘G' base trim. Prices for the new variant will be lower than the ‘G' trim, making it the new base-spec model in the lineup.
The new cheaper variant of the Toyota Glanza is expected to go on sale in the Indian market sometime next month. Toyota will be introducing the new variant during the festive season, in order to attract more sales during the period.
The Toyota Glanza is currently offered in four variants: G, V, G CVT and V CVT. All variants of the premium hatchback are offered with a single petrol engine option. This comes in the form of a 1.2-litre unit, which also powers the Baleno hatchback. The engine produces 83bhp and 113Nm of torque and is mated to either a five-speed manual or CVT automatic transmission.
The G MT variant of the Toyota Glanza is also offered with a mild-hybrid system with the 1.2-litre petrol. This helps it produce an additional 7bhp of power output. The engine on the Toyota Glanza is also BS-VI compliant as well.
The Toyota Glanza is essentially a re-badged version of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno. It carries forward the same components, features and specs. However, the differentiating factor between the two premium hatchback is in terms of warranty and other customer service. The Toyota Glanza offers a better 5-year/220,000 extended warranty package, along with 3 years roadside assistance and low maintenance cost.
The Toyota Glanza, although a re-badged hatchback is selling well in India. The Glanza is currently the third best-selling premium hatchback in the Indian market, below the Baleno and the Hyundai Elite i20. Toyota has registered 2,322 units of sales for the Glanza in the month of August 2019.
Thoughts On The Toyota Glanza Price Hike
Toyota Glanza is said to be increasing prices of all its four variants in India soon. However, to offset the price hike the company will also be introducing a cheaper variant of the hatchback in the market. The new cheaper variant will rival the same competition in the form of the Hyundai Elite i20, Volkswagen Polo and the Honda Jazz.