- 3 min ago Renault Increases The Price Of The Triber MPV Once Again: Here Are The New Prices
- 2 hrs ago Tesla Likely To Establish A Research Centre In Bengaluru: Read More To Find Out
- 17 hrs ago MG Hector Dual-Tone Variant Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 16.84 Lakh
- 19 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Limited Time Subscription Offer Introduced During Festive Season
- Technology Human Fall Flat Game Download For Android: How To Download Human Fall Flat Game Free On Android
- News World Rose Day 2020: Celebrating spirit of cancer patients
- Movies Anurag Kashyap's Assistant Reveals How The Director Reacted When An Actress Suggested Sexual Favours
- Sports Devdutt Padikkal story: 'You are in the playing XI' When Virat Kohli left young RCB batsman nervous
- Finance Vodafone Idea Slips 7% On Reports That It May Need To Pay 10% AGR Dues By Mar
- Lifestyle To Fast Or Not To Fast! A Nutritionist’s View On Fasting, Its Benefits And Side Effects
- Education CBSE Class 12 Compartment Exam Date 2020 Schedule
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Toyota Glanza will be receiving a price hike soon in the Indian market. The premium hatchback, based on the Maruti Suzuki Baleno was launched in India earlier this month and is offered with a starting price of Rs 7.22 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Apart from the price hike on the Toyota Glanza in the Indian market, the company is also said to be working on introducing a new variant to the car's lineup. The new Toyota Glanza variant will be positioned below the current ‘G' base trim. Prices for the new variant will be lower than the ‘G' trim, making it the new base-spec model in the lineup.
The new cheaper variant of the Toyota Glanza is expected to go on sale in the Indian market sometime next month. Toyota will be introducing the new variant during the festive season, in order to attract more sales during the period.
The Toyota Glanza is currently offered in four variants: G, V, G CVT and V CVT. All variants of the premium hatchback are offered with a single petrol engine option. This comes in the form of a 1.2-litre unit, which also powers the Baleno hatchback. The engine produces 83bhp and 113Nm of torque and is mated to either a five-speed manual or CVT automatic transmission.
The G MT variant of the Toyota Glanza is also offered with a mild-hybrid system with the 1.2-litre petrol. This helps it produce an additional 7bhp of power output. The engine on the Toyota Glanza is also BS-VI compliant as well.
The Toyota Glanza is essentially a re-badged version of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno. It carries forward the same components, features and specs. However, the differentiating factor between the two premium hatchback is in terms of warranty and other customer service. The Toyota Glanza offers a better 5-year/220,000 extended warranty package, along with 3 years roadside assistance and low maintenance cost.
The Toyota Glanza, although a re-badged hatchback is selling well in India. The Glanza is currently the third best-selling premium hatchback in the Indian market, below the Baleno and the Hyundai Elite i20. Toyota has registered 2,322 units of sales for the Glanza in the month of August 2019.
Thoughts On The Toyota Glanza Price Hike
Toyota Glanza is said to be increasing prices of all its four variants in India soon. However, to offset the price hike the company will also be introducing a cheaper variant of the hatchback in the market. The new cheaper variant will rival the same competition in the form of the Hyundai Elite i20, Volkswagen Polo and the Honda Jazz.