- 17 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 19 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 20 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 21 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- News After election debacle in Bihar, Lalu Yadav skipping lunch due to anxiety
- Sports NBA Playoffs: Raptors defeat Bucks to earn first ever Finals berth
- Technology How to fix USB device format error in Windows
- Movies CATFIGHT DIARY! When Anushka Sharma SLAMMED Deepika Padukone & Said 'Stop Throwing Garbage At Me'
- Lifestyle Diana Penty’s Sparkling Pink Gown Is Perfect For A Formal Dinner Evening
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Toyota India has confirmed the launch of the Glanza to be in June 2019. The Toyota Glanza, a rebadged version of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno will go on sale in the Indian market on the 6th June, according to a teaser video released recently.
The Toyota Glanza, a rebadged version of Maruti Suzuki's premium hatchback offering will be the first of many models to be shared by the two Japanese brands. The Toyota Glanza comes with minimal design changes, both to its exterior and interiors.
The car has been spotted multiple times at Toyota dealerships across various cities. Toyota will officially open bookings for the Glanza soon, with deliveries starting immediately from the time of launch.
In terms of design, the Toyota Glanza will feature a new front grille, along with 'Toyota' badging all around the car. These are the only changes seen on the hatchback. Interiors of the Toyota Glanza will also remain unchanged from the Baleno, apart from the bading on the steering wheel.
Mechanically, the Toyota Glanza will again retain the same engines available on the Baleno. This includes a 1.2-litre four-cylinder petrol engine producing 80bhp and 105Nm of torque; mated to a five-speed manual gearbox. Toyota is yet to confirm the availability of the diesel engine on the Glanza.
The Toyota Glanza will however by available in just the two top-spec variants: V and Z. Both these variants are equivalent to the top-spec 'Alpha' and 'Zeta' variants of the Baleno. Apart from this, the only other difference will be the warranty offered on the models. Toyota will offer the Glanza with a three-year/1,00,000km warranty as standard.
The Toyota Glanza is the result of an agreement between Toyota and Suzuki Motors for the Indian market. As part of their agreement, Maruti Suzuki will offer the Baleno and Vitara Brezza to Toyota. Apart from the sharing of car models, the two companies will also work on developing new technologies for the Indian market, as well as electric vehicles.
Thoughts On The Toyota Glanza Launch Date
The Toyota Glanza is the first rebadged model from the two brands in the Indian market. Toyota will price the Glanza slightly higher than the Baleno in the market. It will also rival the same models in the segment as the Baleno, this includes the Honda Jazz, Hyundai Elite i20 and the Volkswagen Polo.