- 10 hrs ago Yamaha MT-15 Sales Crosses 15,000 Units Within Six Months Of Its Launch In India
- 12 hrs ago Traffic Fines In Bangalore Reduced: State Government Announces Revised Fines Under New MVA
- 14 hrs ago Top-Selling MPVs In India For August 2019: Renault Triber Enters Top-5 While Maruti Ertiga Leads
- 1 day ago Gaurav Gill Involved In An Accident During The INRC At Jodhpur: Three Dead Including A Minor
- News No 'Bhaiyo aur Behno' or ‘Mitron' this time, Modi greets the Texan way
- Movies Latest TRP Ratings: Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai Is Rock Steady At First Place; Shakti Out Of TRP Race
- Sports Chelsea 1-2 Liverpool: Joy of six for Klopp's men
- Lifestyle Comfrey: Health Benefits, Side Effects, Prevention And Drug Interaction
- Technology Here's The Proper Way To Backup Android Devices
- Finance Still Waiting For Income Tax Refund: You Might Have Gone Wrong Here
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
Toyota India has confirmed the launch of the Glanza to be in June 2019. The Toyota Glanza, a rebadged version of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno will go on sale in the Indian market on the 6th June, according to a teaser video released recently.
The Toyota Glanza, a rebadged version of Maruti Suzuki's premium hatchback offering will be the first of many models to be shared by the two Japanese brands. The Toyota Glanza comes with minimal design changes, both to its exterior and interiors.
The car has been spotted multiple times at Toyota dealerships across various cities. Toyota will officially open bookings for the Glanza soon, with deliveries starting immediately from the time of launch.
In terms of design, the Toyota Glanza will feature a new front grille, along with 'Toyota' badging all around the car. These are the only changes seen on the hatchback. Interiors of the Toyota Glanza will also remain unchanged from the Baleno, apart from the bading on the steering wheel.
Mechanically, the Toyota Glanza will again retain the same engines available on the Baleno. This includes a 1.2-litre four-cylinder petrol engine producing 80bhp and 105Nm of torque; mated to a five-speed manual gearbox. Toyota is yet to confirm the availability of the diesel engine on the Glanza.
The Toyota Glanza will however by available in just the two top-spec variants: V and Z. Both these variants are equivalent to the top-spec 'Alpha' and 'Zeta' variants of the Baleno. Apart from this, the only other difference will be the warranty offered on the models. Toyota will offer the Glanza with a three-year/1,00,000km warranty as standard.
The Toyota Glanza is the result of an agreement between Toyota and Suzuki Motors for the Indian market. As part of their agreement, Maruti Suzuki will offer the Baleno and Vitara Brezza to Toyota. Apart from the sharing of car models, the two companies will also work on developing new technologies for the Indian market, as well as electric vehicles.
Thoughts On The Toyota Glanza Launch Date
The Toyota Glanza is the first rebadged model from the two brands in the Indian market. Toyota will price the Glanza slightly higher than the Baleno in the market. It will also rival the same models in the segment as the Baleno, this includes the Honda Jazz, Hyundai Elite i20 and the Volkswagen Polo.