- 19 min ago Vespa & Aprilia To Launch FI Scooters With LED Headlamps & New Scooters With 200cc Engine
- 17 hrs ago Mahindra Thar 700 Launched In India At Rs 9.99 Lakh — Limited Numbers Of A Fantastic SUV
- 17 hrs ago MG Motors Plans To Launch eZS All Electric SUV — Slated For Late 2019
- 17 hrs ago Renault Triber Teased Ahead Of Global Unveil
- Technology Amazon Honor Days Sale June 17 to 21 – Avail Discounts On Honor 8C, Honor 8X, Honor 9N And More
- Movies SHOCKING! Zain Imam’s On-screen Partner Tanvi Dogra Aka Kavya Quits Ek Bhram Sarvagun Sampanna!
- Sports WWE Smackdown Live preview and schedule: June 18, 2019
- News Health Minister asks for updates on India-Pak cricket match during meeting on encephalitis
- Finance Union Budget 2019-20: Things To Know From Economic Survey Schedule To Budget Timings
- Lifestyle Depersonalization-Derealization Disorder: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Education RSOS 10th Result 2019: Steps To Check Result
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Maruti Suzuki is working on introducing the next-generation Alto in the Indian market. The new Maruti Alto hatchback has been spied testing recently in Shimla. The fresh set of spy pics of the new upcoming entry-level hatchback can be seen completely camouflaged, ahead of its launch.
According to reports, Maruti Suzuki is working on introducing the next-generation Alto hatchback sometime during the festive season. The new 2020 Maruti Alto is based on the brand's Future-S Concept; first showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo.
The new Maruti Alto borrows a lot of design cues from the concept showcased at the Auto Expo. this includes the boxy SUV-like stance, which can also be seen in the spy pics. The new generation Alto will offer a completely new design compared to the current version on sale in the Indian market.
The new Alto will come with a micro crossover body style, which Maruti hopes will attract younger buyer to the new hatchback. The new Maruti Alto will also comply with all the safety and emission norms in the Indian market. This is a major upgrade, as the current Alto fails to comply with the new norms.
The new Maruti Alto might also be included in the Heartect platform; already seen on the Maruti's other popular offerings such as the Dzire, Swift, Ignis, Baleno and the new Wagon R.
Moving to the interiors, the new Maruti Alto will comes with a major upgrade. It is now expected to feature a completely new dashboard with a 7.0-inch touchscreeen smartplay infotainment system, which first debuted on the new Wagon R. Apart from that, it will also feature steering-mounted controls, airbags, rear parking sensors, ABS with EBD and a host of other equipment as standard across all trims.
In terms of mechanicals, the new Maruti Alto could continue to be powered by the 1.0-litre petrol engine, mated to a five-speed manual gearbox. However, this will be upgraded to meet the upcoming BS-VI emission norms. Maruti Suzuki will also offer the new Alto with factory-fitted CNG technology. The powertrain will be more efficient and will offer better power delivery than the current version on sale.
Thoughts On The 2020 Maruti Alto Hatchback
The Maruti Alto is the best-selling model in the country, topping the sales-chart month-on-month. It brings in volume sales for the company, who are in no mind to discontinue it anytime soon. The new Maruti Alto once launched will bring in a host of updates to the popular entry-level hatchback. It will continue to rival the likes of the Renault Kwid and the Datsun Redi-Go in the market.
Image Courtesy: Rushlane