- 1 hr ago Tamil Nadu Announced A New EV Policy: Aims At Becoming EV Hub Of India
- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR-Based XL5 Premium Hatchback Spotted Testing
- 2 hrs ago Mahindra Car Sales India August 2019: Bolero Becomes Brand’s Top-Seller Yet Again
- 2 hrs ago Renault Triber First Drive Review — The Budget Friendly MPV
- Sports Vijay Hazare Trophy: Rishabh Pant, Navdeep Saini named in Delhi squad for Hazare Trophy, Dhruv Shorey to lead
- Movies Rajkummar Rao Tears Up About His Father Watching Made In China’s Trailer Before He Passed Away
- News Terrorists come to India from neighbouring countries, not Moon: EU parliamentarians slam Pak
- Lifestyle Lip Stain: What is It And How To Use It
- Education What Is CBSE Private Candidate? Know About Eligibility, Form, Admit Card And Result
- Technology Dead Russian Satellite Debris Might Be Huge Threat To Genesis II Spacecraft
- Finance Airtel Payments Bank Launches "Bharosa" Savings Account
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Maruti Suzuki is working on introducing the next-generation Alto in the Indian market. The new Maruti Alto hatchback has been spied testing recently in Shimla. The fresh set of spy pics of the new upcoming entry-level hatchback can be seen completely camouflaged, ahead of its launch.
According to reports, Maruti Suzuki is working on introducing the next-generation Alto hatchback sometime during the festive season. The new 2020 Maruti Alto is based on the brand's Future-S Concept; first showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo.
The new Maruti Alto borrows a lot of design cues from the concept showcased at the Auto Expo. this includes the boxy SUV-like stance, which can also be seen in the spy pics. The new generation Alto will offer a completely new design compared to the current version on sale in the Indian market.
The new Alto will come with a micro crossover body style, which Maruti hopes will attract younger buyer to the new hatchback. The new Maruti Alto will also comply with all the safety and emission norms in the Indian market. This is a major upgrade, as the current Alto fails to comply with the new norms.
The new Maruti Alto might also be included in the Heartect platform; already seen on the Maruti's other popular offerings such as the Dzire, Swift, Ignis, Baleno and the new Wagon R.
Moving to the interiors, the new Maruti Alto will comes with a major upgrade. It is now expected to feature a completely new dashboard with a 7.0-inch touchscreeen smartplay infotainment system, which first debuted on the new Wagon R. Apart from that, it will also feature steering-mounted controls, airbags, rear parking sensors, ABS with EBD and a host of other equipment as standard across all trims.
In terms of mechanicals, the new Maruti Alto could continue to be powered by the 1.0-litre petrol engine, mated to a five-speed manual gearbox. However, this will be upgraded to meet the upcoming BS-VI emission norms. Maruti Suzuki will also offer the new Alto with factory-fitted CNG technology. The powertrain will be more efficient and will offer better power delivery than the current version on sale.
Thoughts On The 2020 Maruti Alto Hatchback
The Maruti Alto is the best-selling model in the country, topping the sales-chart month-on-month. It brings in volume sales for the company, who are in no mind to discontinue it anytime soon. The new Maruti Alto once launched will bring in a host of updates to the popular entry-level hatchback. It will continue to rival the likes of the Renault Kwid and the Datsun Redi-Go in the market.
Image Courtesy: Rushlane