- 13 hrs ago Ford Endeavour Sport Launched In India: Priced At Rs 35.10 Lakh
- 13 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Pro And 1100 Sport Pro Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 11.95 Lakh
- 14 hrs ago Renault Increases The Price Of The Triber MPV Once Again: Here Are The New Prices
- 16 hrs ago Tesla Likely To Establish A Research Centre In Bengaluru: Read More To Find Out
- Sports MS Dhoni on lack of batting time: Haven’t batted for a long time, 14-day quarantine doesn’t help
- News India can promise to be Africa's most steadfast partner: Jaishankar
- Movies Suriya To Start Shooting For Pandiraj Project In January 2021?
- Technology OnePlus Nord Users Experiencing Random Factory Data Reset Issue: Report
- Finance Shapoorji Pallonji Group To Exit Tata Group
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Shantanu And Nikhil’s Collection Broadens The Prevailing Narrative Around Bridal Couture
- Education IIT Guwahati Convocation 2020: Prime Minister Narendra Modi Addresses Students Virtually
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
The list of top-selling cars in India for the month of May 2019 is out. Maruti Suzuki continue to dominate the sales, even though they are facing a decline. The Maruti Alto, which has been consistently in the top of the list has been overtaken by the Maruti Swift in the month of May 2019.
Here is the list of the top-selling cars in India for May 2019:
|Rank||Model||May 2019 Sales|
|1 ||Maruti Swift||17,039|
|2 ||Maruti Alto||16,394|
|3 ||Maruti Dzire||16,196|
|4 ||Maruti Baleno||15,176|
|5 ||Maruti Wagon R||14,561|
|6 ||Maruti Eeco||11,739|
|7 ||Hyundai Creta||9,054|
|8 ||Hyundai i20||8,958|
|9 ||Maruti Ertiga||8,864|
|10 ||Maruti Vitara Brezza||8,781|
- The Maruti Swift has overtaken its sibling, the Alto to become the top-selling car in the Indian market for the month of May 2019. The third-generation Swift hatchback has recorded sales of 17,039 units in the previous month.
- However, there is a catch; Suzuki shipped a little over 2,000 units of the Glanza in May while the Baleno alone sold 15,176 units, making it the top selling model with a combined total of over 17,200 units.
- The second and third spot occupied by the newly-launched Alto and the Dzire have been facing a decline in sales over the months. In May as well, sales of the new Alto declined by 25 percent while the Dzire witnessed a decline of a higher 34 percent.
- The new Maruti Wagon R occupying the fifth place below the Baleno, has also recorded a decline of 9 percent while registering 14,561 units of sales.
- The discontinuation of the Maruti Omni from the Indian market, has helped the Eeco to improve sales. The Eeco is the only van offering from the brand and has managed to record sales of 11,739 units, shooting it up to sixth place in the list.
- The Hyundai Creta continues its dominance in the SUV market. Taking over the seventh position in the list. It is followed by the Elite i20 premium hatchback, both recording sales of 9,054 and 8,958 units, respectively.
- The bottom two slots have been occupied by the Ertiga MPV in 9th position while the popular Vitara Brezza comes in at 10th. The Maruti Vitara Brezza has been in the Indian market for a while now, the design of the SUV seems to be ageing. The Ertiga MPV has overtaken the Vitara Brezza due to its new design language and the addition of all the latest features.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling Car List In India For May 2019
Maruti Suzuki has been witnessing a decline in overall sales in the market, for quite a while now. However, they still have been able to dominate the industry mainly due to the number of vehicles on offer. Hyundai is slowly closing in the gap with the Creta and Elite i20; now they hope to do the same with the Venue.