- 14 min ago Bajaj Hikes Prices Of Its Entire Product Lineup: Prices Increased By Up To Rs 10,000
- 3 hrs ago Mahindra Alturas G4 BS-VI Spied Testing In India Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 4 hrs ago Bangalore Police To Use Traffic Fines In Improvement Of Infrastructure For Motorists In The City
- 4 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny SUV Will Not Launch In India Anytime Soon: Here’s Why
- News India’s appetite to shape global agenda bigger now, says S Jaishankar
- Sports India vs South Africa: 2nd T20I preview: When and where to watch, timing, live streaming, probable XI
- Technology Digitek DBE008 Wireless Neckband Review: Average Audio But Decent Build Quality
- Movies Amitabh Bachchan Gets THRASHED MERCILESSLY For Tweeting 'Metro Is The Solution For Pollution'
- Lifestyle Funny Reasons That Only Mothers Can Give To Discipline Their Children
- Finance Gold And Silver Prices In India Relapse
- Education NIOS Admit Card Released For Class 10 And 12 Sep/Oct 2019 Board Exam
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
The list of top-selling cars in India for the month of May 2019 is out. Maruti Suzuki continue to dominate the sales, even though they are facing a decline. The Maruti Alto, which has been consistently in the top of the list has been overtaken by the Maruti Swift in the month of May 2019.
Here is the list of the top-selling cars in India for May 2019:
|Rank||Model||May 2019 Sales|
|1 ||Maruti Swift||17,039|
|2 ||Maruti Alto||16,394|
|3 ||Maruti Dzire||16,196|
|4 ||Maruti Baleno||15,176|
|5 ||Maruti Wagon R||14,561|
|6 ||Maruti Eeco||11,739|
|7 ||Hyundai Creta||9,054|
|8 ||Hyundai i20||8,958|
|9 ||Maruti Ertiga||8,864|
|10 ||Maruti Vitara Brezza||8,781|
- The Maruti Swift has overtaken its sibling, the Alto to become the top-selling car in the Indian market for the month of May 2019. The third-generation Swift hatchback has recorded sales of 17,039 units in the previous month.
- However, there is a catch; Suzuki shipped a little over 2,000 units of the Glanza in May while the Baleno alone sold 15,176 units, making it the top selling model with a combined total of over 17,200 units.
- The second and third spot occupied by the newly-launched Alto and the Dzire have been facing a decline in sales over the months. In May as well, sales of the new Alto declined by 25 percent while the Dzire witnessed a decline of a higher 34 percent.
- The new Maruti Wagon R occupying the fifth place below the Baleno, has also recorded a decline of 9 percent while registering 14,561 units of sales.
- The discontinuation of the Maruti Omni from the Indian market, has helped the Eeco to improve sales. The Eeco is the only van offering from the brand and has managed to record sales of 11,739 units, shooting it up to sixth place in the list.
- The Hyundai Creta continues its dominance in the SUV market. Taking over the seventh position in the list. It is followed by the Elite i20 premium hatchback, both recording sales of 9,054 and 8,958 units, respectively.
- The bottom two slots have been occupied by the Ertiga MPV in 9th position while the popular Vitara Brezza comes in at 10th. The Maruti Vitara Brezza has been in the Indian market for a while now, the design of the SUV seems to be ageing. The Ertiga MPV has overtaken the Vitara Brezza due to its new design language and the addition of all the latest features.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling Car List In India For May 2019
Maruti Suzuki has been witnessing a decline in overall sales in the market, for quite a while now. However, they still have been able to dominate the industry mainly due to the number of vehicles on offer. Hyundai is slowly closing in the gap with the Creta and Elite i20; now they hope to do the same with the Venue.