- 9 hrs ago KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- 1 day ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- 2 days ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 2 days ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- News Jharkhand poll 2019 LIVE: 20 constituencies vote in second phase today
- Movies Dabangg 3: Newbie Saiee Manjrekar Was Not Intimidated Working With Salman Khan
- Sports I-League 2019-20: NFC 1-0 AFC: Neroca prevail in the first Northeastern Derby of the season
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A31 Color Options Revealed: Rumored Specs, Launch Date And More
- Lifestyle Kareena Kapoor Khan's Diet Revealed By Her Nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
- Finance Axis Bank CFO Resigns
Tesla to debut in India in 2020. Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla was quoted by media reports as saying that Tesla would be coming to the Indian market in 2020. Elon Musk made the statement at the SpaceX Hyperloop Pod competition when an Indian team participating in the competition popped asked him when Tesla would be launching in India.
Tesla can easily be termed as the company that revolutionised the electric car industry. Tesla's cars are futuristic, come loaded with technology and are driven by batteries. Tesla currently makes the cars with the longest range, and yet they are astonishingly fast, hence breaking the electric vehicle stereotype.
The Tesla Model S P100D has a ludicrous mode in which it does 0-100km/h in just 2.28 seconds, and this was in 2017. In 2018, Tesla revealed the roadster, which does 0-100km/h in just 1.9 seconds.
These figures prove that Tesla's are quicker than most V12 and W16-powered supercars out there. This, along with several creature comforts, autonomous driving function and brilliant styling make Tesla's cars much sought after across the world.
In the Indian market too, Tesla has been a hot topic of debate even among hardcore petrolheads. Premium car buyers have been waiting to see if Tesla would launch in India. In-fact, a couple of Tesla's have already been privately imported into India.
With so much interest in its cars, Tesla too couldn't ignore the world's fastest growing automotive market, especially with India pushing towards electrification. Earlier this year, Elon Musk had tweeted regarding Tesla's arrival in India.
The visionary had stated that the EV brand would be in India in 2019 or 2020. Now though he has confirmed that it would 2020. Elon Musk is also the founder and CEO of SpaceX which is an aerospace and space transportation company.
SpaceX recently held a competition for the Hyperloop Pod in which a team from IIT Madras participated. The team, named Avishkar Hyperloop made sure to ask Elon Musk about Tesla's Indian debut while he was present at the event.
In answer, Elon Musk replied that it would be 2020 when Tesla would be launching in India. As of now, we do not have any clarity regarding the models Tesla would be bringing to India. Tesla might bring in the entire product line-up.
Or if it had to pick individual products for India, we are sure the Model X would be among them, because we Indians love SUVs. The sales number of SUV from premium manufacturers like Mercedes-Benz, Audi and BMW goes to show that the Tesla Model X too could see lots of demand, if launched.
The cars will be directly imported into India as a completely-built-unit. However, it remains to be seen if the cars will come in from the US or from China. Earlier this year, Tesla started construction of its factory in Shanghai, China. The factory is the first one outside the USA and is expected to cater to demand from Asia as well as from Europe.
Thoughts On Tesla Coming To India In 2020 According To Elon Musk
Tesla is without a doubt the best electric car manufacturer yet. With the Indian government pushing for the growth of the electric vehicle market, this seems to be the perfect time for Tesla to enter India.
The government has slashed GST from 12 percent to 5 percent and this has received praises from EV manufacturers as the vehicles are now cheaper than they were before. It remains to be seen how Tesla will price its cars in India.