- 17 hrs ago New (2020) Suzuki Hayabusa Launched In India: Priced At Rs 13.75 Lakh
- 18 hrs ago Porsche Cayenne Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.31 Crore
- 20 hrs ago Most Searched Cars In India 2019: Maruti Suzuki Baleno Becomes Google’s Top Trending Car In India
- 23 hrs ago Tata Altroz India Launch Date Confirmed: To Rival The Maruti Suzuki Baleno
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Band 3i Sale Via Flipkart Debuts From December 16: Price And Discounts
- News RJD calls for Bihar bandh on Dec 21 in protest against citizenship law
- Movies Kareena Kapoor Khan On Being Compared To Younger Generation: 'I Am Not A Part Of This Race'
- Lifestyle Mouni Roy, Kubbra Sait, Tahira Kashyap, And Tabu Slayed It In Their Edgy Dresses
- Finance Union Budget 2020-21Likely On February 1, Economic Survey On January 31, 2020
- Sports Year Ender 2019: PV Sindhu BWF gold, Satwiksairaj-Chirag doubles' success only highlights of a dull year for India
- Travel Tips To Have A Local Experience When Travelling Or Moving Overseas
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Tata Motors has reduced the prices of its Tigor EV in the Indian market. The Tata Tigor EV prices in India have been reduced by Rs 80,000, due to the cut in GST rates on electric vehicles.
Tata Motors recently launched the Tigor EV in the market with a starting price of Rs 12.35 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). With the government announcing the reduction in GST rates on electric vehicles from 12 per cent to 5 per cent, it has allowed brands to pass on the price reduction directly to its customers.
The Tata Tigor EV is available in two variants: XM and XT. The old prices of the two models were Rs 12.35 lakh and Rs 12.71 lakh, respectively. However, with the reduction in GST rates, the two variants now come priced at Rs 11.58 lakh for the XM and Rs 11.98 lakh for the XT trims. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Tata Tigor EV is powered by an electric motor producing 30kW (40bhp) and 105Nm of torque. It comes with a maximum range of 140km on a single charge, with a top speed of 80km/h.
Tata Motors offer the Tigor EV with standard AC charging as well as a DC fast-charger. The standard charging takes 6 hours for a full charge. The DC fast-charging, however, charges the Tigor EV up to 80 per cent in just 90 mins.
The company offers the Tigor EV with a three-year/1,25,000km warranty. It is available in three colour ranges as well: White, Blue & Silver. The standard Tigor model though is available in six.
In terms of features, the Tata Tigor EV carries forward most of the equipment from the standard variants. This includes all the features apart from the alloy wheels and electrically-adjustable ORVMs. The EV does come with a non-touch display with Bluetooth connectivity, automatic climate control and all the standard safety features mandatory on cars.
Tata Motors also recently confirmed the Nexon EV for the Indian market. The Tata Nexon EV is scheduled to go on sale in India sometime during the later part of 2020. However, unlike the Tigor EV the Nexon EV will be available for private customers as well — here are all the details.
Thoughts On The Tata Tigor EV
The Tata Tigor EV is available only for commercial usage, including cabs and fleet operators. It is still not available for private customers, however, one can rent out the Tigor EV through the Zoomcar platform.