- 43 min ago New Maruti Suzuki XL6 MPV Launched In India With Prices Starting At Rs 9.79 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki XL6 Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 9.79 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Tata Harrier Dark Edition Details Revealed With Seats Finished In Benecke-Kaliko Blackstone Leather.
- 15 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki 5-Year/1-Lakh Warranty Scheme Announced For Select Diesel Models
- Movies Barun Sobti B’day Spl: Sanaya Irani Or Surbhi Jyoti – Who Makes The BEST Jodi With Birthday Boy?
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A50 New Firmware Improves Battery And System Stability
- News ‘Bikini airline’ VietJet kicks off Delhi to Vietnam, with tickets starting Rs 9; Check details
- Lifestyle Tamannaah Bhatia's Elaborate Anarkali Is What Will Up Your Festive Wardrobe
- Finance RIL, Medanta, Policybazaar, Curefit, Among Cos To Invest In Jammu & Kashmir
- Education KMAT Result 2019 Released: Explore What After Result
- Sports UFC returns to Boston with Light Heavyweight thriller
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Tata Motors has reduced the prices of its Tigor EV in the Indian market. The Tata Tigor EV prices in India have been reduced by Rs 80,000, due to the cut in GST rates on electric vehicles.
Tata Motors recently launched the Tigor EV in the market with a starting price of Rs 12.35 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). With the government announcing the reduction in GST rates on electric vehicles from 12 per cent to 5 per cent, it has allowed brands to pass on the price reduction directly to its customers.
The Tata Tigor EV is available in two variants: XM and XT. The old prices of the two models were Rs 12.35 lakh and Rs 12.71 lakh, respectively. However, with the reduction in GST rates, the two variants now come priced at Rs 11.58 lakh for the XM and Rs 11.98 lakh for the XT trims. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Tata Tigor EV is powered by an electric motor producing 30kW (40bhp) and 105Nm of torque. It comes with a maximum range of 140km on a single charge, with a top speed of 80km/h.
Tata Motors offer the Tigor EV with standard AC charging as well as a DC fast-charger. The standard charging takes 6 hours for a full charge. The DC fast-charging, however, charges the Tigor EV up to 80 per cent in just 90 mins.
The company offers the Tigor EV with a three-year/1,25,000km warranty. It is available in three colour ranges as well: White, Blue & Silver. The standard Tigor model though is available in six.
In terms of features, the Tata Tigor EV carries forward most of the equipment from the standard variants. This includes all the features apart from the alloy wheels and electrically-adjustable ORVMs. The EV does come with a non-touch display with Bluetooth connectivity, automatic climate control and all the standard safety features mandatory on cars.
Tata Motors also recently confirmed the Nexon EV for the Indian market. The Tata Nexon EV is scheduled to go on sale in India sometime during the later part of 2020. However, unlike the Tigor EV the Nexon EV will be available for private customers as well — here are all the details.
Thoughts On The Tata Tigor EV
The Tata Tigor EV is available only for commercial usage, including cabs and fleet operators. It is still not available for private customers, however, one can rent out the Tigor EV through the Zoomcar platform.