- 7 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso CNG Variant Production Beings: India Launch Expected Soon
- 9 hrs ago Jeep Compass Facelift Global Unveil Set To June 4: Here Are All The Details
- 10 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.48 Crore
- 11 hrs ago New Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.33 Crore
- News Mumbai: 25 rescued after fire breaks out at Hotel Fortune on Marine Lines
- Movies Prithviraj's Aadujeevitham: Here's Everything You Need To Know About The Next Schedule!
- Lifestyle Did You Know That Talking To Yourself Can Reduce Stress? The Benefits Of Positive Self-talk
- Technology Spectrum Auction Might Increase Debt Of Telecom Industry: ICRA
- Sports Dravid says non-contracted and U-19 players have received mental health lessons in lockdown
- Finance Sun Pharma Q4 Profit Falls 37% On One-Time Expenditure
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Tata Motors shares that the sales figures of its popular Tiago hatchback have crossed two lakh units in two years; a new sales milestone. Launched in April 2016, the Tata Tiago redefined the hatchback market in India with its high value for money. The car can also be considered as the 'return of Tata Motors' on the Indian market.
The Tata Tiago recently saw an update in the form of a new XZ+ variant. Priced at Rs 5.57 lakh, the Tiago XZ+ improved the desirability factor of the 'Apni Hatchback' further. Compared to the regular variants, the XZ+ trim gets blacked-out elements, a 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system and bigger 15-inch alloy wheels.
The success of the Tiago urged the Indian company to launch its compact-sedan iteration, the Tata Tigor, in March 2017. The Tata Tigor is a really good product in the highly-competitive and India-specific sub-four-metre compact-sedan market. It employs the same engine choices as the Tiago.
Furhermore, the Tata Tiago comes in two interesting avatars as well: NRG and JTP. While the Tiago NRG is a rugged crossover with higher ground clearance and embossing cosmetic details, the Tiago JTP is an all-out performer. In fact, the Tata Tiago JTP is the most affordable performance hatchback as of now — read our detailed review to know more.
The Tata Tiago is available in both petrol and diesel formats. The 1.2-litre Revotron petrol engine generates 85bhp and 114Nm of torque. On the other hand, the 1.05-litre diesel unit makes 70bhp and 140Nm. A five-speed manual transmission comes as standard while its respective AMT variant is available as well.
Commenting on the Tata Tiago's sales milestone, Mayank Pareek, President of Tata Motors (passenger vehicles) shared, "The Tata Tiago is a testimony to the strong connect we have established with our customers by offering best in class features at a great value proposition. The Tiago continues to be one of the few models in the hatchback segment that is still registering positive growth despite being in its third year of production."
"With 18 renowned accolades, the Tiago is the country's most awarded compact hatchback. I would like to express my gratitude to all the customers who have contributed to this milestone. We are confident that the Tiago will continue to win the hearts of customers across India and thrive as a successful offering in the hatchback segment," he further added.
Thoughts On The Tata Tiago's Sales Figures
As mentioned before, the Tata Tiago is one of the best choices you can make at its price point and the milestone-making sales figures further prove it. The Tata Tiago is currently the most affordable offering from the brand as the iconic Nano hatchback was discontinued. What do you think of the Tata Tiago's impressive sales figures? Let us know in the comment section below.