- 14 hrs ago KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- 1 day ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- 2 days ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 2 days ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- News Ditto affidavits by Nagpur, Amravati ACBs clear Ajit Pawar in irrigation scam
- Finance NEFT Transfer From Dec 16 Is 24 Hours A Day, Including Holidays
- Movies Ala Vaikunthapurramloo’s Streaming Rights Acquired By Netflix?
- Sports La Liga joint leaders Barcelona and Real Madrid back in action
- Technology Redmi K30 5G To Feature 64MP Sony IMX686 Sensor
- Lifestyle Kareena Kapoor Khan's Diet Revealed By Her Nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
Tata Motors is working on introducing its first all-electric SUV in the Indian market soon. The company has confirmed that their new electric vehicle will be based on the Nexon SUV. The Tata Nexon electric SUV is said to go on sale in the Indian market in the first half of 2020.
The Tata Nexon EV spy pics shows the car completely covered in blue camouflage. The design of the Nexon electric SUV seen in the spy pics is the same as the current generation model. However, the design of the final production-spec model will be different.
The new Tata Nexon electric will also feature the brand's latest electric powertrain technology, called the Ziptron. The company had recently unveiled the new technology a few months back; while also confirming it for all future electric car models from the brand - here are more details.
The new Ziptron technology on the Tata Nexon EV will come powered by a liquid-cooled lithium-ion battery pack; certified for IP67 water resistance. The battery pack combined with the electric motor is said to offer a maximum range of approximately 300km on a single charge.
Tata Motors will also offer standard and fast-charging technology on the Nexon EV as standard. The electric Nexon will also come with regenerative braking as standard, which will further help improve the range by charging the batteries under braking.
Tata is also said to be working on a completely updated design for the Nexon SUV in the Indian market. The new Nexon will be showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo. The SUV will receive the ‘Impact 2.0' design treatment, similar to the Harrier and the upcoming Altroz.
This includes a host of design changes both to the exterior and interior of the SUV. Exterior changes could include the addition of split LED headlamps with separate housing for the DRLs and the main lamp cluster, LED tail lights, newly designed alloy wheel and a bunch of other updates.
Interior updates on the Tata Nexon include a fully-digital instrument cluster, along with a host of other added technical features. The Tata Nexon electric will be based on the new-generation SUV as well.
Thoughts On The Tata Nexon EV Spy Pics
The Nexon will be the first all-electric SUV model from Tata Motors in the Indian market. The Nexon electric will also debut the brand's new Ziptron technology, which will power all Tata EVs going forward. Once launched in India, the Tata Nexon electric will rival the likes of the Hyundai Kona EV and the upcoming MG eZS.