- 10 hrs ago Ford Endeavour Sport Launched In India: Priced At Rs 35.10 Lakh
- 11 hrs ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Pro And 1100 Sport Pro Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 11.95 Lakh
- 11 hrs ago Renault Increases The Price Of The Triber MPV Once Again: Here Are The New Prices
- 14 hrs ago Tesla Likely To Establish A Research Centre In Bengaluru: Read More To Find Out
- Sports IPL 2020: MS Dhoni hits the ball out of Sharjah Stadium, passerby picks up the ball and walks away - Watch
- News India can promise to be Africa's most steadfast partner: Jaishankar
- Movies Suriya To Start Shooting For Pandiraj Project In January 2021?
- Technology OnePlus Nord Users Experiencing Random Factory Data Reset Issue: Report
- Finance Shapoorji Pallonji Group To Exit Tata Group
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Shantanu And Nikhil’s Collection Broadens The Prevailing Narrative Around Bridal Couture
- Education IIT Guwahati Convocation 2020: Prime Minister Narendra Modi Addresses Students Virtually
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Tata Motors has announced a new EV technology in India, called 'Ziptron'. The new Tata Ziptron technology is said to underpin all future electric cars from the brand in the future.
Tata Motors also confirmed that they will launch a brand-new electric car in the Indian market sometime in Q4 of 2020. The new Tata electric car will debut the brand's new 'Ziptron' EV technology.
Talking about the new Tata Ziptron EV technology, Guenter Butschek, CEO & MD, Tata Motors stated:
"We are proud to present this state-of-art technology brand - ZIPTRON, which has been designed in-house while utilizing our global engineering network. At the heart of our future EV line-up, this technology will deliver a thrilling driving experience to our customers aspiring to go-green. Rigorously tested across 1 million km, ZIPTRON technology is well-proven, advanced and reliable. With this technology, we hope to usher in a new wave of eMobility in India and accelerate faster adoption of EVs, supporting the Government's vision."
The Ziptron is an EV powertrain technology which will provide all future electric cars from Tata Motors with an efficient high voltage system, long battery range, fast-charging capabilities and zippy driving performance. The new powertrain is also said to be offered with an 8-year warranty on the batteries while adhering to IP67 standard.
The Ziptron technology is said to come with an efficient permanent magnet AC motor. This is said to offer superior performance at all times, while also offering industry-leading dust and waterproof battery systems. The new EV technology will also offer all new tata electric cars with regenerative braking; charging the batteries on the go.
In order to spread more awareness, Tata Motors also introduced the Ziptron Freedom 2.0 campaign. This highlights how future electric cars will break many barriers, including range anxiety as well.
Coming back to Tata Motors' electric cars, the company currently offers the Tigor EV in the Indian market. Although the Tata Tigor EV is currently available for just fleet operators and other government institutions.
The company is also working on an electric version of their popular Nexon compact-SUV. The Tata Nexon EV is expected to go on sale sometime next year and will rival the likes of the Hyundai Kona EV and the upcoming MG eZS and the Mahindra e-XUV300 in the country's EV segment.
Thoughts On The New Tata Electric Car In India With The Ziptron Technology
Tata is working towards introducing electric vehicles in the Indian market. The company is already testing the Nexon EV in the country, slated to launch in India soon. Other models also include the EVision concept showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo and the electric version of their upcoming Altroz hatchback.