- 3 hrs ago New Isuzu V-Cross Diesel Automatic Launched In India At Rs 19.99 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki XL6 Launching Tomorrow: All You Need To Know
- 5 hrs ago All-New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Launched In India With Prices Starting At Rs 4.99 Lakh
- 6 hrs ago CFMoto 250SR Expected To Launch In India By 2020
- Movies Indian Idol 11: Neha Kakkar Returns As Judge On Popular Demand; Aditya Narayan To Host The Show
- Lifestyle Everyday Habits That Are Harming Your Body
- Technology Realme 5: The Pros, Cons, And The X Factor
- Sports Arjuna-winner Gill hopes becoming "certified by govt" will get motorsport recognition
- News NIA removes 3 officers probing terror funding case in which Hafiz Saeed is prime accused
- Education SSC CGL Result 2018 Tier-1 Likely To Be Declared Soon
- Finance What Have We Learned About Home Insurance From Recent Floods?
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Tata Motors has been on a roll in the last few year, improving the aesthetics, styling, comfort and quality of all its products. This has resulted in a positive growth and Tata Motors has continuously posted growth since the strategy changed.
Tata Motors has revealed that it grew by 12.18 percent in the financial year 2018-19 when compared to 2017-18. This makes it the best financial year yet for Tata Motors in terms of sales numbers. Tata Motors' products have evolved continuously and the growth comes as a result of increased desirability.
The Indian auto giant sold 2,10,143 cars during FY18-19 which is significantly higher when compared to the 1,87,321 units in FY17-18. This growth rate is the highest among the top car manufacturers, but Tata Motors still has a long way to go to reach Maruti Suzuki in terms of sheer sales numbers.
Tata Motors always made products that were rugged and reliable. However, these products did not remain desirable in the face of competition from other car manufacturers as the average Indian buyer started preferring cars that looked good.
Tata Then had to rethink their product strategy and introduce a new design language. All of Tata's older cars were slowly phased out and today, Tata has a product line-up that is almost entirely brand new.
A majority of the 2,10,143 units sold by Tata Motors in the last financial year were made up of the Tata Tiago, Tata Nexon and Tata Harrier. The turnaround for Tata Motors really started with the Tiago and the hatchback has constantly been the best-selling Tata car.
It was the car that debuted the new Impact design language and Tata Motors is already working on the next-gen Tiago. The next-gen Tata Tiago will be underpinned by Tata's new ALFA platform that debuted with the upcoming Tata Altroz premium hatchback. The new Tata Tiago was even spotted testing recently and once launched, the hatchback will in all probability continue to bring in large sales numbers for Tata.
Tata's second best-seller is the Nexon compact SUV. The Nexon too has constantly been posting good sales numbers for Tata Motors. The Nexon has lately been facing tough competition from the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Brezza and the Mahindra XUV300.
Hence, Tata will be updating the Nexon soon. The next-gen Nexon too will be based on Tata's new Alfa platform. Tata Motors recently launched the Harrier in the Indian market. The Harrier was an instant hit in the Indian market and in the second month of its sales itself, the Tata Harrier overtook its competition - The Jeep Compass. The Tata Harrier comes with premium features and unique styling that attracts buyers.
Thoughts On Tata Motors Posting 12.18 Percent Growth In FY18-19
Tata Motors has grown in significant numbers since the last financial year, and it seems like the growth will not stop here. Tata Motors' present product line-up still has the capability of selling well. However, Tata Motors has a slew of new products lined up for the Indian market. This growth percentage will definitely grow by leaps and bounds by the next financial year.