- 6 hrs ago Odd-Even Rule Returns To Delhi In November: We Have All The Details
- 7 hrs ago TVS Riding Gear & Causal Apparel Launched In India: We Have All The Details
- 9 hrs ago Mahindra XUV500 BS-VI Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Spy Pics & Details
- 12 hrs ago KTM Duke 250 Finance Options On Offer: Low Interest Rate & Exchange Bonus Offered Across India
- Movies Gold Awards 2019 Winners Web Series: Sunny Leone, Kunal Jaisingh, Ronit Roy & Others Bag Awards
- News Soubhagya Routray, gets prestigious Doctorate for his 'work' on underprivileged children
- Technology ZTE Blade A7s, ZTE Blade 20 Smart Xiaoxin Edition Unveiled: Price, Specs And More
- Sports India Vs South Africa: Local boy Shahbaz Nadeem replaces injured Kuldeep Yadav for Ranchi Test
- Lifestyle Diwali 2019: What Are Green Crackers And Why You Should Be Using Them
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
- Travel Simple Tips & Tricks For Booking Cheap Flight Tickets In India
- Finance Rules On Vehicle Insurance Claims On Driving Under The Influence Of Alcohol
Tata Motors is at a much better position right now than they have ever been. Its cars feel premium and most of its cars are selling well. The Tata Tiago, Tigor and Nexon are the best-selling Tata models right now and all three models are due for a mid-life facelift soon.
Now though, reports state that Tata Motors is already working on the new-generation models of the Tiago, Tigor and Nexon. The next-generation of all three brands will be based on the new ALFA (Agile Light Flexible Advanced) platform.
The ALFA Platform is Tata Motors' latest architecture and it is upon this platform that the upcoming Tata Altroz is built. The Tata Altroz is a premium hatchback that is expected to be launched soon. It started off as the Tata 45X concept at the 2018 Indian Auto Expo and the final production model recently made its global debut at the 2019 Geneva International Motor Show.
According to Tata, the ALFA architecture has the ability to evolve into a range of modern, youthful and agile vehicles in a short development cycle. So what Tata Motors basically did with that statement was, hint at several models being based on the ALFA platform.
Tata Motors' manufacturing plant at Sanand, Gujarat will produce the Altroz premium hatchback and hence will also become the base for production of the ALFA-based models in the future.
Thoughts On Next-Gen Tata Products Based On ALFA Platform
Tata Motors is on a product offensive and would indirectly result in the development of new platforms. The recently launched Tata Harrier, for example is based on the OMEGA platform and Large vehicles from Tata in the future including the upcoming Buzzard would be built on the same platform.
The ALFA platform is the latest addition, and would underpin all small-to-medium sized Tata vehicles.