- 1 hr ago MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone Crossed: 6,000 SUVs Already Delivered
- 3 hrs ago Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- 4 hrs ago Hyundai Santro Anniversary Edition Launched: Prices Start At Rs 5.12 Lakh
- 21 hrs ago Odd-Even Rule Returns To Delhi In November: We Have All The Details
- News WB BJP delegation meets kin of Congress leader arrested for criticising TMC
- Lifestyle So, Here Are Some Bollywood Fashion Scoops Of The Day For Outfits Inspiration
- Movies Bigg Boss 13: Siddharth Dey Makes Cheap Comments On Aarti Singh; Siddharth Shukla Supports Aarti
- Sports Virat Kohli to skip the T20I series against Bangladesh
- Technology BSNL Might Bring Cable TV, Broadband, Landline Services Under One Bill: Report
- Finance IMF Says Corporate Tax Cut Will Have Positive Impact On Investment In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
- Travel Simple Tips And Tricks For Booking Cheap Flight Tickets In India
Tata Motors launched their flagship SUV, the Harrier in the Indian market back in January. The car has been performing extremely well in the market and has also overtaken its rivals in terms of monthly sales as well.
Now, Tata Motors is reportedly offering few upgrades to the Harrier SUV. These updates on the Tata Harrier is said to be free of cost to the customers, with the necessary changes being made at the time of its scheduled services.
As seen from the image by Team-BHP, the free upgrades will include updating the clutch pedal return spring, tailgate switch, clutch compression spring, software updates to the infotainment system and several hose clamps.
The image showcases an RX1.0 software update to the infotainment system, which enhances the performance of the unit while also removing any glitch in the system. Tata Motors has also tweaked the steering wheel, which now claims to offer better feedback and is said to be more responsive than before.
The clutch operation on the Tata Harrier is also said to have been updated, with the SUV now offering a lighter operation, improving its driving experience. Lastly, Tata Motors has also improved the NVH levels of the Harrier, by adding better insulation.
The changes and updates will be made to the customer cars during their scheduled services. The updates will be free of cost to the customer and are based on a number of feedbacks received.
Talking about the Tata Harrier itself, the SUV is part of the OMEGA platform, while also being the first Tata product to come under the brand's new 'Impact 2.0' design language. It is powered by a single 2.0-litre 'Kryotec' diesel engine (borrowed from FCA) producing 143bhp and 350Nm of torque; mated to a six-speed manual gearbox.
Tata Motors is currently working on introducing a seven-seater SUV based on the Harrier. The new Harrier-based seven-seater SUV will replace the Hexa, which is said to be discontinued soon.
Thoughts On The Tata Harrier Updates
The updates on the Tata Harrier is from the number of customer feedback received by the company. Since the time of launch, there seem to have been a number of minor issues with the SUV and Tata is said to be rolling out updates silently, based on the feedback. The Tata Harrier rivals the likes of the Mahindra XUV500, Jeep Compass, MG Hector and the Hyundai Creta in the Indian market.