- 52 min ago Maruti Suzuki Announces New 5 Year/ 1 Lakh Kilometer Warranty On Select Diesel Models
- 6 hrs ago New Isuzu V-Cross Diesel Automatic Launched In India At Rs 19.99 Lakh
- 8 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki XL6 Launching Tomorrow: All You Need To Know
- 9 hrs ago All-New Hyundai Grand i10 NIOS Launched In India With Prices Starting At Rs 4.99 Lakh
- Sports KPL 2019: Ballari Tuskers cruise to 7-wicket victory over Bijapur Bulls
- Movies Hrithik Roshan And Tiger Shroff’s ‘War’ Will Be An Adrenaline Pumping Visual Extravaganza: Director
- News AAP MLA Sandeep Kumar disqualified
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Band 5 Is On Tow, Reveals Huami CEO
- Lifestyle Shraddha Kapoor Gives Us A Slay-Worthy Moment With Her Chic Dress For Saaho Promotions
- Education SSC CGL Result 2018 Tier-1 Likely To Be Declared Soon
- Finance What Have We Learned About Home Insurance From Recent Floods?
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Tata Motors launched its flagship product, the Harrier SUV, early this year. Since its inception, the SUV has gained a lot of popularity. However, when the Harrier was showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo, it was seen with a sunroof.
But when the SUV launched in India, the sunroof was not there. Some of the buyers were really disappointed with this fact as most of the people prefer having a sunroof in our country these days. So, the company has finally decided to offer a sunroof as an official accessory for the Harrier.
On speaking to some dealers in Mumbai we got to know that the aftermarket sunroof can be fitted for Rs 1 to 1.30 lakh. The accessory will not void the warranty of the vehicle and will take a weeks time to be installed on the car.
The Tata Harrier features the brand's latest aesthetic philosophy — Impact 2.0 design. The Harrier SUV is the first model in the brand to be part of this new design language. The SUV has a very unique lighting arrangement, the LED DRLs are placed at the top, while the headlamps take their position on the bumper.
Another highlight is the infotainment system on the Harrier, which is an 8.8-inch touchscreen unit with a clean User Interface (UI). The system is laid out on a platform which Tata refers to as the ‘Floating Island', and supports Android Auto (Apple CarPlay will be introduced soon).
The company is working on the seven-seater version of the Harrier SUV, which was first showcased as the 'Buzzard' at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show. The SUV will not be called the Buzzard when it launches in India. However, it will follow a similar design as seen on the five-seater Harrier SUV.
Powering the Tata Harrier is a 2.0-litre 'Kryotec' four-cylinder diesel engine which makes 138bhp and 350Nm of torque. Interestingly enough, it is the same Fiat-sourced engine which powers the Jeep Compass. The engine comes mated to a six-speed manual gearbox.
Thoughts On The Tata Harrier Panoramic Sunroof
The harrier is a brilliant vehicle and has got a lot of attention since it was launched. However, because the SUV did not have a sunroof, some buyers were really disappointed. By introducing the sunroof as an aftermarket accessory, the Harrier is definitely expected to draw more customers.