- 11 min ago Fine For Riding Without Registration: Honda Activa Rider Asked To Pay Rs 1 Lakh In Fines
- 11 min ago New TVS NTorq 125 Race Edition Launched In India: Priced At Rs 62,995
- 1 hr ago Top Selling SUVs In India For August 2019: Kia Seltos Enters The Top-3 While Hyundai Venue Leads
- 1 hr ago Tata Motors Launches TACNet 2.0 To Connect With Startups In Automotive Space
- Movies Simbu Proves That He Has A Heart Of Gold With His Kind Gesture?
- News Ayodhya verdict: What happens if CJI led Bench can’t complete hearing by Nov 17
- Sports India vs South Africa: Deepak Chahar relishes death over bowling
- Technology PlayStation 4 Games Diwali Sale: Sony India Offering Discount Up To 40 percent
- Finance Sensex Slumps 400 Points As Pain Continues
- Lifestyle IIFA Awards 2019: Madhuri Dixit Nene Brings Alive The Old School Glamour With Her Red Gown
- Education HSSC Exam Date Announced For November 2019 To March 2020
- Travel Manali: A Snow Destination For You To Be This Winter
Tata Motors launched the Harrier SUV in the Indian market, back in January 2019. It was one of the most-awaited SUVs in India after being showcased in its concept form as the H5X at the 2018 Auto Expo.
Since its launch two months back, the Tata Harrier sales have begun to see a rise, as it has already overtaken some of its other established competitors such as the Jeep Compass and the Mahindra XUV500.
Tata Harrier has recorded 2,492 unit of sales in March 2019; this is almost 500 units more than the Mahindra XUV500 and 1000 units more than the Jeep Compass. However, the Harrier did face a slow start, recording just 1,449 units of sales in the previous month of February 2019.
One of the main reasons for the exceptional sales of the Tata Harrier is its highly competitive pricing. Tata Motors is offering the Harrier SUV with a starting price of Rs 12.69 lakh while the top-spec is priced at Rs 16.25 lakh.
The Mahindra XUV500 and the Jeep Compass, on the other hand, have a starting price of Rs 12.72 lakh and Rs 15.40 lakh, respectively. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
However, the Tata Harrier is still behind the segment leader Hyundai Creta by a long margin. The Hyundai Creta SUV, has been leading the SUV segment in the country month-on-month. The popular SUV recorded over 11,000 units of sales in March 2019. This is almost four times more than that of the Harrier sales figures.
The Tata Harrier is the first SUV to be part of the brand's new 'Impact 2.0' design language. It is also the first product to be underpinned by the 'OMEGA' platform, which is a modified version of Land Rover's D8 architecture.
Thoughts On The Tata Harrier Sales & Competition In India
The Tata Harrier sales have gotten off to a good start in the Indian market. However, with many more SUVs scheduled to launch in India, it will be interesting to see how Tata Motors will take on the growing competition. Other expected launched in the SUV segment in 2019 include the MG Hector, Kia SUV (based on the SP2 concept) and the recently announced Citroen C5 Aircross.