- 1 day ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 1 day ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 1 day ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Movies Mudassar Aziz: Plans To Make 'Happy Bhag Jayegi 3' Afoot
- Sports Hamilton clings on for Monaco glory but Mercedes' one-two run ends
- News Surat fire: Tyres used as chairs in class, fire tenders were 45 mins away
- Technology Google Pixel 3 XL price axed by Rs 28,000, now available starting at Rs 54,999
- Education LIC AAO Result 2019: Check Result Date And Other Details
- Lifestyle 5 Papaya Face Masks To Remove Facial Hair
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Tata Motors first showcased the Harrier SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo in its concept form, the 'H5X'. Since its launch in January, the Tata Harrier has slowly improved on its sales month-on-month, to become one of the best-selling SUVs in the segment.
In March 2019, Tata Harrier beat its rivals the Mahindra XUV500 and the Jeep Compass to become the second best-selling SUV in the market, after the Hyundai Creta. Now in April 2019, Tata has managed to maintain its sales to beat its competition for the second time in as many months.
The Tata Harrier recorded sales of 2,075 units of sales in the month of April 2019. Comparing this to its rivals, the Mahindra XUV500 has recorded sales of 1,508 units while the Jeep Compass has recorded 1,204 units, all during the same month.
The Tata Harrier is now the second best-selling SUV in the market, behind the Hyundai Creta which recorded sales of 10,487 units. One of the major reasons behind the increasing popularity of the Harrier is the competitive pricing, along with the large overall dimensions of the SUV.
The Tata Harrier prices start at Rs 12.69 lakh, which is almost Rs 18,000 more affordable than the Mahindra XUV500 which has a starting price of Rs 12.88 lakhs. The Jeep Compass on the other hand has a starting price of Rs 15.60 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
In terms of dimensions, the Tata Harrier is longer than all its competitions while also having the longest wheelbase as well. The Harrier SUV length measures in at 4,598mm while the wheelbase is 2,741mm; almost 105mm longer than the Jeep Compass and 41mm longer than the Mahindra XUV500.
The Tata Harrier is powered by a single engine option — a 2.0-litre diesel unit producing 140bhp and 350Nm of torque, mated to a six-speed manual gearbox. Tata is said to be working on an automatic transmission for the Harrier, which is expected to debut on the upcoming seven-seater Harrier-based SUV.
Thoughts On The Tata Harrier Sales
The Tata Harrier is steadily gaining popularity in the Indian market. The large SUV stance along with the competitive pricing has managed to attract a lot of customers towards the SUV. Sales of the Harrier continue to grow, although the Hyundai Creta is still far ahead in sales.