- 19 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- 20 hrs ago Honda CB Shine BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected This Year
- 23 hrs ago MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone Crossed: 6,000 SUVs Already Delivered
- 1 day ago Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- Sports Klopp: Liverpool need 'biggest balls' to take next step against Manchester United
- News Over 380 Ladakhi-origin police personnel to be transferred from J&K to Ladakh
- Movies Happy Birthday Nargis Fakhri: Did You Know She Was Apprehensive About Working With Ranbir Kapoor?
- Technology Vivo V17 Pro With Dual-Selfie Camera Gets Massive Discount In India: Price And Offers
- Finance 4 High Interest Rate Fixed Deposits You Can Buy Online
- Lifestyle 7 Sweet And Adorable Things Siblings Do ForEach Other While Growing Up
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
Tata Motors first showcased the Harrier SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo in its concept form, the 'H5X'. Since its launch in January, the Tata Harrier has slowly improved on its sales month-on-month, to become one of the best-selling SUVs in the segment.
In March 2019, Tata Harrier beat its rivals the Mahindra XUV500 and the Jeep Compass to become the second best-selling SUV in the market, after the Hyundai Creta. Now in April 2019, Tata has managed to maintain its sales to beat its competition for the second time in as many months.
The Tata Harrier recorded sales of 2,075 units of sales in the month of April 2019. Comparing this to its rivals, the Mahindra XUV500 has recorded sales of 1,508 units while the Jeep Compass has recorded 1,204 units, all during the same month.
The Tata Harrier is now the second best-selling SUV in the market, behind the Hyundai Creta which recorded sales of 10,487 units. One of the major reasons behind the increasing popularity of the Harrier is the competitive pricing, along with the large overall dimensions of the SUV.
The Tata Harrier prices start at Rs 12.69 lakh, which is almost Rs 18,000 more affordable than the Mahindra XUV500 which has a starting price of Rs 12.88 lakhs. The Jeep Compass on the other hand has a starting price of Rs 15.60 lakh. All prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
In terms of dimensions, the Tata Harrier is longer than all its competitions while also having the longest wheelbase as well. The Harrier SUV length measures in at 4,598mm while the wheelbase is 2,741mm; almost 105mm longer than the Jeep Compass and 41mm longer than the Mahindra XUV500.
The Tata Harrier is powered by a single engine option — a 2.0-litre diesel unit producing 140bhp and 350Nm of torque, mated to a six-speed manual gearbox. Tata is said to be working on an automatic transmission for the Harrier, which is expected to debut on the upcoming seven-seater Harrier-based SUV.
Thoughts On The Tata Harrier Sales
The Tata Harrier is steadily gaining popularity in the Indian market. The large SUV stance along with the competitive pricing has managed to attract a lot of customers towards the SUV. Sales of the Harrier continue to grow, although the Hyundai Creta is still far ahead in sales.