- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Eeco Becomes Safer: Receives A Price Increase
- 1 day ago Honda CB Shine BS-VI Engine Specs Leaked: India Launch Expected This Year
- 1 day ago MG Hector 10,000 Units Production Milestone Crossed: 6,000 SUVs Already Delivered
- 1 day ago Triumph Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available On Select Models
- News Maharashtra, Haryana Election 2019: BJP looks to retain power, Congress eyes comeback
- Sports Tearful Murray soaks up European Open win
- Movies Shah Rukh Khan Flaunts A Jacket Gifted By Karan Johar, Hilariously Demands A Pair Of Heels!
- Technology How To Pin Live Score On Android Homescreen
- Finance 4 High Interest Rate Fixed Deposits You Can Buy Online
- Lifestyle 7 Sweet And Adorable Things Siblings Do ForEach Other While Growing Up
- Travel 8 Amazing and Affordable Winter Vacation Destinations In India
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
Tata Motors model-wise car sales for the month of August 2019 has been released. The model-wise car sales showcase the Tata Tiago as the best-selling model in the brand for the previous month.
The Tata Tiago has registered the best sales figures for the brand with 3,037 units in the previous month. However, this is still a significant drop of 67.27% from August 2018 when it recorded sales of 9,277 units.
The Tata Nexon is one of the most popular offerings from the company. Positioned in the highly competitive compact-SUV segment, the car recorded 2,275 units of sales in August 2019. This puts it in the second position among the best-selling Tata cars in the market.
The third on the list is the Tata Tigor compact-sedan offering. The company recorded 833 units of sales of the car in August 2019. The Tigor is available in both standard and EV formats, although the EV is available only for commercial purposes alone.
The Tata Harrier has registered 635 units of sales in the market. This is a major drop, compared to its initial months, when launched back in January. The Tata Harrier faces stiff competition in the mid-size SUV segment from the likes of the Kia Seltos and the MG Hector.
|Rank||Models||Aug-19||Aug-18||YoY diff %|
The Tata Zest is the fifth on the list of top-selling models from the Indian car manufacturer. The Zest sedan registered 294 units of sales. The car has been on sale in the Indian market for a long time and now feels very outdated, especially compared to its rivals in the segment.
The Hexa, Safari and Bolt are placed further down the order. The three models registered 136, 83 and 23 units of sales respectively. Apart from these models, Tata has discontinued the sales of the Sumo and Nano in the Indian market.
Both models were outdated and will not be updated to comply with the upcoming safety, crash test and emission norms of 2020. Tata Motors recently discontinued the sales of the Sumo; 25 years after it went on sale in India — here are the details.
Thoughts On The Tata Model-Wise Car Sales Report For August 2019
Tata Motors, similar to Maruti Suzuki, Honda, Mahindra and other major car manufacturers have been suffering from their worst sales decline in the market. The auto slowdown, since the past 10 months has affected sales significantly.