- 26 min ago Petrol & Diesel Prices In India To Increase Due To Drone Attacks On Saudi Arabian Oil Fields
- 59 min ago 2020 TVS Apache RTR 200 4V Specs Leaked: Motorcycle Revised With Upgraded Electronics
- 1 hr ago Bajaj Hikes Prices Of Its Entire Product Lineup: Prices Increased By Up To Rs 10,000
- 4 hrs ago Mahindra Alturas G4 BS-VI Spied Testing In India Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- Lifestyle Kangana Ranaut Looks Drop Dead Gorgeous In A Beautiful Glittering Sari At An Award Show
- Sports Sunil Gavaskar raises funds for over 600 child heart surgeries during his USA tour
- Movies Kiara Advani Is A Busy Bee; South Cinema Finding It Hard To Get Her Dates?
- News Indo-US ties on upward trajectory: Jaishankar ahead of PM’s US visit
- Technology Jays m-Seven Truly Wireless Earbuds With 9.5 Hours Battery Life Launched For Rs. 8,999
- Finance Gold And Silver Prices In India Relapse
- Education NIOS Admit Card Released For Class 10 And 12 Sep/Oct 2019 Board Exam
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Tata Motors is said to working towards introducing another new product in the Indian market. This time, the company will be launching their all-new premium hatchback offering (codenamed 45X) this year.
The Tata 45X concept was showcased alongside the Harrier concept at the 2018 Auto Expo. Tata recently launched the Harrier SUV in the Indian market, for a starting price of Rs 12.69 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi) — read our detailed review of the Tata Harrier SUV here.
Now Tata Motors has stated that their next launch will be the 45X premium hatchback. The hatchback is expected to go on sale in the Indian market sometime in June 2019. The Indian carmaker is yet to reveal any information about the new hatchback. However, the car has been spotted testing on multiple occasions, providing us with a small idea of what could be expected on the production-spec version.
The Tata 45X will be part of the same OMEGARC platform as the Harrier SUV. The hatchback will be the second product from the company to be part of the new architecture. The 45X will also be part of the company's new 'Impact 2.0' design language.
Inside, the new 45X premium hatchback from Tata Motors is expected to come with a 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. other features also include semi-digital instrument cluster, manual day/night IRVM, push-button start and probably even a flat-bottom steering wheel.
In terms of mechanicals, the upcoming Tata 45X hatchback is expected to come with the same engine options as the Nexon SUV. This includes 1.2-litre petrol and 1.5-litre diesel engine. The petrol unit produces 110bhp and 170Nm of torque while the diesel engine churns out 110bhp and 260Nm of torque. The engine will be mated to a six-speed manual gearbox, with the optional AMT transmission as optional.
Thoughts On The Tata 45X Premium Hatchback In India
The Tata 45X was showcased at the 2018 Auto Expo and is now ready to be launched in the Indian market. Tata is expected to price the 45X hatchback in the range of around Rs 5.5 lakh, ex-showroom. Once launched in India, the all-new Tata 45X will rival the likes of the Maruti Baleno, Volkswagen Polo and the Hyundai i20 Elite.