- 12 hrs ago Skoda Karoq And Kamiq SUV India Launch Timeline Confirmed
- 12 hrs ago Deliveries Of The Ducati Panigale V4 R Begin In India
- 14 hrs ago Mahindra Bolero Pick-Up Range Crosses 15 Lakh Production Units Milestone
- 15 hrs ago Suzuki Jimny India Launch Confirmed For Late-2019: Might Be Rebadged As Gypsy For Indian Market
- News AP EAMCET Counselling 2019: Document verification option, check eligibility
- Movies Shilpa Shinde Says Dipika Kakar Copied Her; Reveals Why Bigg Boss 12 Didn’t Work!
- Technology OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 7T Pro To Launch On September 26th In India
- Sports Wolves 1-1 Manchester United: Pogba's missed penalty costs Solskjaer's side top spot
- Lifestyle What Are Happy Hormones And 7 Natural Ways To Boost Them
- Education Karnataka PGCET 2019 Result On August 22; Check Counselling Schedule
- Finance FASTags Mandatory For Toll Payment On Highways Starting December 1
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
New spy pics of the seven-seater Tata Buzzard (Cassini) SUV have now emerged. The company unveiled the SUV at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show during March this year. The all new Buzzard is expected to be launched around the festive season which is when 'buying sentiments' of people are at a positive high.
Tata stated that the name 'Buzzard' was specifically for the Geneva Motor Show, and that the Indian-spec version would have a different one. The production-spec version of the seven-seater Buzzard will be called 'Cassini'. The name is said to be derived from the Cassini Huygens Satellite that was developed in collaboration with the European Space Agency and NASA.
New spy pics of the Tata Buzzard (Cassini) have been doing the rounds on the internet thanks to Srinivasan Jagadeeswaran who posted them on the Jeep Compass Owners (India) Facebook group. The heavily camouflaged test vehicle shows off the Impact Design 2.0 styling philosophy that is featured on the Tata Harrier five-seater SUV. The vehicle also features 17-inch alloy wheels.
The Tata Buzzard (Cassini) that was spied on while testing shows that there will be no major cosmetic changes except for the larger rear overhang to accommodate the third-row seat. Once launched, the Tata Buzzard (Cassini) will compete with the Jeep Compass and the upcoming seven-seat MG Hector.
The Tata Buzzard (Cassini) is expected to feature the 2.0-litre KRYOTEC four-cylinder diesel engine that will produce 170bhp of power and 350Nm of torque. This engine is also featured in the Jeep Compass and the MG Hector, albeit with different states of tuning.
The engine will come mated to a six-speed manual transmission, and there are rumors of a six-speed, Hyundai-sourced torque converter automatic unit, that will also be available. Rumor also has it that a 4X4 will be offered at some point.
The Tata Buzzard features the OMEGA (Optimal Modular Efficient Global Advanced) platform, and is said to feature an 8.8-inch floating touchscreen infotainment system, and a seven-inch coloured TFT instrument screen as seen on the Tata Harrier.
Thoughts About The Tata Buzzard (Cassini) Being Spied On
We're sure Tata will start creating a buzz around the Buzzard (Cassini). We expect to see more spy pics of the seven-seater SUV while in the middle of tests. This is the usual trend when a manufacturer gets closer to launch dates. We're waiting to see the Tata Buzzard (Cassini) sans camouflage, and definitely cannot wait to test it out.