- 1 day ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 1 day ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 2 days ago KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- 3 days ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- Sports India Vs West Indies: Kesrick Williams gives a 'keep shut' send off to Virat Kohli after getting his revenge
- News SAARC countries should take steps to defeat terrorism, forces supporting it: PM Modi
- Movies NBK 106: Keerthy Suresh To Romance Balakrishna?
- Technology Here's How To Perform Diagnostics Tests On Your Smartphone
- Lifestyle Kriti Sanon And Other Divas Have Office Wear Ideas Based On Your Different Work Modes
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
Tata Motors is all set to introduce their first premium hatchback, the Altroz in the Indian market. The Tata Altroz is scheduled to go on sale in the Indian market in January 2020. Ahead of its launch, pre-bookings for the Altroz is said to start soon.
According to a leaked document by Team-BHP, the Tata Altroz bookings will begin from the 4th of December. Customers will be able to pre-book the Altroz either online or through dealerships for an amount of Rs 21,000. The document also confirms that dealers will receive the product brochure of the Tata Altroz in the first week of December as well.
The Tata Altroz is the first product from the brand to feature the ‘ALFA' architecture. It will also be the second all-new product from Tata Motors to feature the ‘Impact 2.0' design language. The premium hatchback offering from the Indian car manufacturer will be unveiled a day ahead of the start of pre-bookings.
The Tata Altroz was showcased in near-ready production form earlier this year at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show. The company also took the opportunity to introduce an electric version of the Altroz, which is slated for a much later stage.
The Tata Altroz will come powered by a choice of three engine options: two petrol and one diesel. This includes an 85bhp 1.2-litre petrol; 102bhp 1.2-litre turbo-petrol and a 90bhp 1.5-litre diesel.
All three engines will be mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox, with an automatic transmission set to be introduced sometime later. These engines will also be updated to comply with the BS-VI emission norms which will be implemented in April 2020.
Tata Motors recently announced the start of production of the Altroz at its Pune plant. The first production-spec Tata Altroz rolled-out of production line recently — here are the details.
Thoughts On The Tata Altroz Bookings
The Tata Altroz as mentioned before is the first premium hatchback offering from the brand in the Indian market. The Altorz will rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Toyota Glanza, Volkswagen Polo and the Honda Jazz. Prices for the Tata Altroz will be in the same range as its competition at around Rs 6 - 7 lakh, ex-showroom.