- 1 day ago Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- 1 day ago Yamaha YZF R15 V3.0 BS-VI Models Begin Reaching Dealerships Across India
- 2 days ago New (2020) Suzuki Hayabusa Launched In India: Priced At Rs 13.75 Lakh
- 2 days ago Porsche Cayenne Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.31 Crore
- Technology Alleged Oppo Reno 3 Live Photos Reveal Key Specs
- Sports IPL 2020: Five West Indies players who can trigger bidding war in auction
- News CAA: On alleged police atrocities, SC says won’t hear matter in atmosphere of riots
- Movies Farhan Akhtar's Savage Comeback To A Troll: Will Ask David Dhawan To Cast You In 'Bigot No 1'
- Finance RIL’s Subsidiary Signs Investment Deal Of Rs 25,000 Cr With Canada’s Brookfield
- Lifestyle What Is The Importance Of Premarital Health Checkups?
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Tata Motors has announced the rollout of its first Altroz hatchback from its Pune plant. The Tata Altroz production has begun, ahead of its launch in the Indian market in January 2020.
The Altroz premium hatchback was expected to go on sale in the Indian market earlier this year. However, the company decided to delay the launch, so as to allow them time to update the engines on the Altroz to BS-VI norms.
The company has been building up hype for the Altroz recently. Tata Motors has been releasing teaser videos of the hatchback, in anticipation of its launch early next year — watch the teasers here.
The Tata Altroz is the first premium hatchback offering from the brand in the Indian market. The Altroz hatchback will be part of Tata's ‘Impact 2.0' design language, which first debuted on the Harrier SUV.
The Tata Altroz will also debut the brand's new ALFA architecture. This platform will be used on all small vehicles from Tata in the future. It is one of the two new platforms developed by Tata Motors; the other being the OMEGA architecture — first debuted on the Harrier.
The premium hatchback from Tata Motors was first unveiled at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show, along with the 7-seater Harrier based SUV and the electric version of the hatchback. The Altroz will come packed with a host of features and equipment, along with a stylish design on both the interiors and exteriors of the premium hatchback offering.
The Altroz will be offered with a choice of three engine options: 1.2-litre petrol engine producing 85bhp (borrowed from the Tiago); 1.2-litre three-cylinder turbo-petrol producing 102bhp (borrowed from the Nexon) and a 1.5-litre-diesel engine churning out 90bp (also carried forward from the Nexon).
All three engines will come mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox as standard. Tata Motors is expected to introduce an automatic transmission at a later stage.
The Tata Altroz hatchback once launched in the Indian market will be compliant with the upcoming BS-VI emission regulations from day one.
Apart from the Tata Altroz, the company is also working on multiple other launches for the Indian market. Tata just recently confirmed the name of its upcoming 7-seater Harrier-based SUV as, the Gravitas. The upcoming flagship SUV, the Tata Gravitas is expected to launch in India in February 2020 — here are all the details.
Tata Motors is also working on updating its current models as well. This includes the Nexon, Tiago and Tigor. All the models will receive a major update in terms of styling and engine specs.
Thoughts On The Tata Altroz Production Start
The Tata Altroz is finally confirmed to go on sale in the Indian market in January 2020. The Tata Altroz once launched will rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Toyota Glanza, Volkswagen Polo and the Honda Jazz. In terms of pricing, the Altroz will be priced similar to its competition in the Rs 6 - 7 lakh starting range, ex-showroom.