- 1 day ago KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- 1 day ago Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- 2 days ago KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- 3 days ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- Technology List Of Realme Smartphones Expected To Launch In 2020
- Movies Star Screen Awards Red Carpet Pics: Deepika Padukone Turns Heads In A Brand New Avatar; Looks Wow
- Sports I-League 2019-20: Preview: Indian Arrows and Aizawl both look focused in their quest for first win
- News Karnataka By-Election Results 2019 LIVE: Counting to begin at 8 am
- Lifestyle Kriti Sanon And Other Divas Have Office Wear Ideas Based On Your Different Work Modes
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
Skoda Auto India is said to be all set to introduce a new variant of their flagship SUV, the Kodiaq. The company will introduce the Skoda Kodiaq Scout variant in the Indian market on the 30th of September 2019.
The new Skoda Kodiaq Scout will come with a number of subtle cosmetic updates over the standard variants. The Kodiaq Scout will be positioned alongside the current Style and L&K trims offered on the SUV.
Compared to the current two variants, the Skoda Kodiaq Scout is expected to have a larger ground clearance at 194mm. This is 6mm more than the ground clearance on the two standard Kodiaq variants.The Scout also offers better approach and departure angles than the other two variants, making it a better off-roader as well.
The Skoda Kodiaq Scout will feature seven driving modes, six of which are available on the standard trims as well. This includes Eco, Comfort, Normal, Sport, Individual & Snow. In addition to this, the Kodiaq Scout also comes with an ‘Off-Road' mode, which alters the throttle response along with the suspension setup. The Kodiaq Scout also comes with hill-hold and hill-descent control as well.
Other additional features on the upcoming Skoda Kodiaq Scout: new 19-inch wheels, LED headlamps, silver details on the grille, roof rails, windows and on the ORVM housing. The Skoda Kodiaq Scout also comes with additional front and rear underbody protection as well.
A number of subtle updates are available on the interiors of the Skoda Kodiaq Scout as well. This includes an all-black interiors with ‘Scout' embossed on the seats, front and side curtain airbags, electronic stability control, power-adjustable front driver and passenger seats, keyless entry and engine start/stop button; among others.
In terms of mechanicals, the Skoda Kodiaq Scout will be powered by the same engine as on the Style and L&K variants. This includes a 2.0-litre diesel engine producing 148bhp at 3500rpm and 340Nm of torque at 1750rpm. The engine further comes mated to a standard seven-speed DSG automatic gearbox.
Skoda also recently launched the Corporate Edition of the Kodiaq SUV in the Indian market. The new Skoda Kodiaq corporate edition is priced at Rs 33 lakh, ex-showroom (India), making it the entry-level variant for the SUV — here are the details.
Thoughts On The Skoda Kodiaq Scout India Launch Details
The Skoda Kodiaq Scout is a more off-road oriented version of the flagship SUV. The Kodiaq Scout will be positioned above the L&K variant and is expected to be priced higher as well. The Kodiaq Scout will, however, take on the same rivals in the segment which includes the Mahindra Alturas G4, Toyota Fortuner and the Ford Endeavour.