- 1 day ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 1 day ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 1 day ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 1 day ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Lifestyle Cannes 2019 Diary: Who Looked The Most Outstanding From The Final Two Days?
- Sports Cricket World Cup: India's variety in bowling makes it strong title contender, says Ian Chappell
- Movies Mudassar Aziz: Plans To Make 'Happy Bhag Jayegi 3' Afoot
- News Surat fire: Tyres used as chairs in class, fire tenders were 45 mins away
- Technology Google Pixel 3 XL price axed by Rs 28,000, now available starting at Rs 54,999
- Education LIC AAO Result 2019: Check Result Date And Other Details
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Skoda is all set to launch the petrol version of their flagship Kodiaq SUV in the Indian market. The new Skoda Kodiaq petrol is expected to go on sale in India sometime in 2020. Apart from the Skoda Kodiaq petrol, the brand is also looking at bringing in the 'RS' variant of the SUV to the country as well.
In an interview with ZigWheels, Zac Hollis, Director - Sales, Service & Marketing, Skoda India stated that the company does have plans of bringing in the Kodiaq petrol to the Indian market. He stated that the company is looking at a possible launch of the Skoda Kodiaq petrol sometime in 2020.
Skoda sells the international Kodiaq model with two petrol engine options - 1.5-litre and 2.0-litre TSI units. The Czech brand might bring in just the smaller 1.5-litre TSI unit to the Indian market. This petrol engine churns out 150bhp and 250Nm of torque and comes mated to either a six-speed manual or seven-speed DSG automatic gearbox. Also, the smaller engine powers just the front wheels (FWD).
The other 2.0-litre TSI petrol engine, on the other hand produces 190bhp and 320Nm of torque. It is mated to the DSG gearbox, without the option of a manual transmission. This variant comes with an all-wheel drive system as standard.
Currently in India, Skoda offers the Kodiaq with a single engine option in the form of a 2.0-litre diesel TDI producing 150bhp and 340Nm of torque. It is further mated to a standard seven-speed DSG automatic transmission sending power to all-four wheels (AWD).
Skoda hopes that the introduction of the Skoda Kodiaq petrol to the Indian product lineup will help bring down the entry-level pricing of the SUV. This will make it more competitive in the seven-seater SUV segment in the Indian market.
Apart from the Skoda Kodiaq petrol, Hollis also mentioned his interest to bring in the sport-oriented 'Kodiaq RS' variant to the Indian shores as well. The Skoda Kodiaq RS is powered by a 2.0-litre twin-turbo diesel engine producing 236bhp and 500Nm of torque; mated to the same seven-speed DSG gearbox. The Skoda Kodiaq RS was unveiled late last year — here are more details of the Sporty 'RS' variant of the Kodiaq SUV.
Thoughts On The Skoda Kodiaq Petrol
Skoda Kodiaq is currently available in just a diesel format and comes with a starting price of Rs 34.49 lakh, ex-showroom (India). Skoda hopes that the petrol variant of the Kodiaq will bring down the prices of the SUV, making it even more competitive in the segment. The Skoda Kodiaq rivals the likes of the Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour and the Mahindra Alturas G4 in the Indian market.