TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- NIA Officially Takes Over Probe Into Pulwama Terror Attack
- Schalke 2 Manchester City 3 — 10-Man Visitors Strike Late Through Sane & Sterling
- Tata 45X’s Teaser Video Out — Production-Spec Tata 45X To Be Unveiled At Geneva Motor Show
- Cobrapost Sting Operation: Sunny Leone & Sonu Sood Deny All The Allegations!
- Vivo V15 Pro Launched At Rs 28,990 — The Good, Bad & The X factor
- Nutrition: Blood & Marrow Transplant
- Best Places To Visit In India In March: A 2019 Must-visit Checklist
- Company Fixed Deposits In India Which Offer Yields Of Near 10%
Czech automaker Skoda has revealed the Kodiaq RS ahead of its debut at the Paris Motor Show. The Skoda Kodiaq RS is equipped with the most powerful production diesel engine in the company's history. The SUV also features sporty and aggressive design elements as compared to the standard model.
On the design front, the Skoda Kodiaq RS features subtle changes with revamped front and rear bumper, black front grille with vRS branding and gloss black design elements. The Kodiaq RS is equipped with newly designed 20-inch alloy wheels. Skoda has also revealed the new RS logo with red V and stripe before the RS lettering.
The interior of the Skoda Kodiaq RS features Alcantara seat upholstery and door trims, carbon fibre effect on the instrument panel, tinted windows, ambient lighting, stainless steel pedals and black roof lining. The overall design of the dashboard remains identical to the standard Kodiaq.
The Skoda Kodiaq RS also features a Virtual Cockpit system with a unique mode which displays the rpm and speed on the centre of the display. The SUV also gets a flat-bottom sports steering wheel. The Kodiaq RS will be offered with a five-seater or seven-seater configuration.
The Skoda Kodiaq RS draws power from a 2-litre twin-turbo, direct injection, diesel engine that produces 236bhp and 500Nm of torque. The sporty SUV can accelerate from 0-100km/h in just seven seconds before topping out at 220km/h. The engine is mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch gearbox.
The Skoda Kodiaq RS also comes with variable all-wheel-drive, dynamic sound boost, adaptive chassis control, six driving modes, electronically adjustable shock absorbers and progressive steering. The SUV has also lapped the Nurburgring circuit with a record time of 9:20.84 for a seven-seater SUV.
Thoughts On The Skoda Kodiaq RS
Skoda has finally revealed the Kodia RS SUV which becomes the second product to join the performance RS family. The prominent highlight of the Kodiaq RS is the most powerful production diesel engine from Skoda. The Skoda Kodiaq RS might make it to the Indian shores as the company already retails the Octavia RS.