- 30 min ago Kochi To Get 15 Electric Vehicle Charging Station — Total Operational Capacity By End 2020
- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki AGS: The Automatic Transmission For Every Indian
- 18 hrs ago Steelbird Tyres Launches Puncture RSA Across India – Fix Your Flat With Ease
- 19 hrs ago India Proposes Electrifying All Two Wheelers Within 6 And 8 Years
- News ED approaches HC seeking bail cancellation of Robert Vadra
- Movies Will Smith's Aladdin LEAKED Online! Full Movie Available For Download On Tamil Rockers!
- Technology Xiaomi Redmi Note 7s offline sales begin today starting at Rs 10,999
- Sports When will Brock Lesnar cash in on WWE Money in the Bank contract?
- Finance Petrol, Diesel Prices Increased Marginally
- Lifestyle 11 Amazing Health Benefits Of Oranges
- Education HSCAP Allotment Result 2019 Kerala Released
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Renault is all set to introduce its Kwid-based MPV in the Indian market. The new MPV (codenamed 'Renault RBC') will slot below the Lodgy in the company's product lineup.
The Renault RBC MPV will be based on the same CMF-A platform that underpins the Kwid hatchback. Ahead of its launch, Autocar India has released a fresh set of spy pics of the upcoming MPV offering from Renault.
The spy pics showcase the front and side profiles of the RBC MPV. The front profile features a large front grille, flanked on either end by sleek headlamps. The headlamp unit is also expected to come with integrated LED DRL.
Inside, the new Renault RBC MPV is expected to feature a dual-tone cabin and a steering wheel likely to be borrowed from the Captur. The higher variants will further come with a touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
In terms of safety, the Renault MPV will come standard with dual airbags for the lower variants. The higher-spec trims though might get six airbags, rear parking sensors, rear camera, speed alert systems and a bunch of other features, to make the MPV feel more upmarket.
The new Renault RBC MPV is expected to carry forward the same 1.0-litre engine as seen on the Kwid. Although, it might come with a turbocharger for additional power. The petrol engine will come mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox, with the optional AMT as well.
Renault is currently offering heavy discounts on its Captur SUV in the Indian market. The discounts of up to Rs 81,000 apply to all MY2018 units of the Captur. The Renault Captur was first launched in the Indian market, back in 2017.
Thoughts On The Renault RBC MPV
The Renault RBC MPV has been spied in India on multiple occasions. The MPV will come loaded to offer an upmarket feel with a number of premium features and equipment. With a length less than 4-metres, we can expect the Renault MPV to be priced at around Rs 4.5 lakh, ex-showroom. Renault is expected to launch the MPV sometime in mid-2019 and rival the likes of the new Maruti Ertiga and the Datsun GO+ MPV.