- 20 hrs ago Escape The Ordinary — Tales From Tawang
- 22 hrs ago Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- 23 hrs ago Ducati Officially Reveals The Street Fighter V4 — Will Make Debut At Pikes Peak
- 24 hrs ago Tata Motors Reveal Official Altroz Teaser — Are You Ready?
- News Noose tightens on Swiss bank account holders; Details of at least 50 Indians being shared
- Movies #HappyFathersDay: Varun Dhawan, Sara Ali Khan, Karan Johar & Others Post Adorable Messages
- Technology How To Enable/Disable New Hardware Acceleration Feature On Chrome?
- Sports Karthik likely for India in shortened game; Shadab, Haris may come in for Pakistan
- Lifestyle Bronchiectasis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Renault India has revealed the official name of their upcoming MPV, Triber. The new Renault Triber MPV is expected to launch in the Indian market, sometime in July-2019.
The new Renault MPV has been spied testing in India on multiple occasions. Earlier codenamed as the Renault 'RBC', the new seven-seater MPV is based on the entry-level Kwid hatchback.
The new Renault Triber MPV will be positioned between the Kwid and the Duster in the brand's Indian product lineup. The new Triber MPV will continue to be based on the CMF-A platform, similar to the Kwid hatchback.
The new Renault Triber MPV will be under the four-metre mark, making it smaller in dimension compared to the Lodgy. However, the overall silhouette seen from the various spy pics suggest that the MPV will come with rounded-off edges, offering a roomy cabin.
External features on the upcoming Triber MPV include a wing-type nose grille, LED DRLs under the headlamps, roof rails and stylish alloy wheels; among a host of others. Previous spy pics of the interiors suggest that the Triber will come with a dashboard similar to the ones seen on the Duster or the Captur. However, it might miss out on a few key features, to help keep the cost down. It will however come with a dual-tone interior, along with chrome inserts around the infotainment system.
Being a seven-seater, the Renault Triber will come with a third row of seats. However, these will be adequate for any adult passengers. Although it will be foldable, which will help increase the overall boot capacity.
In terms of mechanicals, the new Renault Triber MPV will be powered by the same petrol as on the Datsun Go, while the diesel engine will be borrowed from the Renault Duster SUV. The petrol unit includes a 1.2-litre engine while the diesel comes in the form of a 1.5-litre unit. Both engines will come mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox. Renault however, might also offer the Triber MPV with an AMT options as well.
Thoughts On The Renault Triber MPV
The Renault Triber MPV will be the latest product from the French carmaker in the country. Once launched it will rival the likes of the Datsun GO+ and the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga. We can expect Renault to price the new MPV somewhere in the Rs 6 - 9 lakh range, ex-showroom.