- 7 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso CNG Variant Production Beings: India Launch Expected Soon
- 10 hrs ago Jeep Compass Facelift Global Unveil Set To June 4: Here Are All The Details
- 11 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.48 Crore
- 12 hrs ago New Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.33 Crore
- News Mumbai: 25 rescued after fire breaks out at Hotel Fortune on Marine Lines
- Movies Prithviraj's Aadujeevitham: Here's Everything You Need To Know About The Next Schedule!
- Lifestyle Did You Know That Talking To Yourself Can Reduce Stress? The Benefits Of Positive Self-talk
- Technology Spectrum Auction Might Increase Debt Of Telecom Industry: ICRA
- Sports Dravid says non-contracted and U-19 players have received mental health lessons in lockdown
- Finance Sun Pharma Q4 Profit Falls 37% On One-Time Expenditure
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Renault India has revealed the official name of their upcoming MPV, Triber. The new Renault Triber MPV is expected to launch in the Indian market, sometime in July-2019.
The new Renault MPV has been spied testing in India on multiple occasions. Earlier codenamed as the Renault 'RBC', the new seven-seater MPV is based on the entry-level Kwid hatchback.
The new Renault Triber MPV will be positioned between the Kwid and the Duster in the brand's Indian product lineup. The new Triber MPV will continue to be based on the CMF-A platform, similar to the Kwid hatchback.
The new Renault Triber MPV will be under the four-metre mark, making it smaller in dimension compared to the Lodgy. However, the overall silhouette seen from the various spy pics suggest that the MPV will come with rounded-off edges, offering a roomy cabin.
External features on the upcoming Triber MPV include a wing-type nose grille, LED DRLs under the headlamps, roof rails and stylish alloy wheels; among a host of others. Previous spy pics of the interiors suggest that the Triber will come with a dashboard similar to the ones seen on the Duster or the Captur. However, it might miss out on a few key features, to help keep the cost down. It will however come with a dual-tone interior, along with chrome inserts around the infotainment system.
Being a seven-seater, the Renault Triber will come with a third row of seats. However, these will be adequate for any adult passengers. Although it will be foldable, which will help increase the overall boot capacity.
In terms of mechanicals, the new Renault Triber MPV will be powered by the same petrol as on the Datsun Go, while the diesel engine will be borrowed from the Renault Duster SUV. The petrol unit includes a 1.2-litre engine while the diesel comes in the form of a 1.5-litre unit. Both engines will come mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox. Renault however, might also offer the Triber MPV with an AMT options as well.
Thoughts On The Renault Triber MPV
The Renault Triber MPV will be the latest product from the French carmaker in the country. Once launched it will rival the likes of the Datsun GO+ and the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga. We can expect Renault to price the new MPV somewhere in the Rs 6 - 9 lakh range, ex-showroom.