- 19 hrs ago Escape The Ordinary — Tales From Tawang
- 21 hrs ago Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- 22 hrs ago Ducati Officially Reveals The Street Fighter V4 — Will Make Debut At Pikes Peak
- 23 hrs ago Tata Motors Reveal Official Altroz Teaser — Are You Ready?
- News With fresh avalanches, bodies of mountaineers may have sunk deeper
- Sports Karthik likely for India in shortened game; Shadab, Haris may come in for Pakistan
- Movies Shraddha Kapoor FEELS LIKE THIS About Playing A Cop In Prabhas Starrer 'Saaho'!
- Technology Redmi K20 Pro Vs OnePlus 6T: Which Is The Best Smartphone Under Rs. 30,000 In India?
- Lifestyle Bronchiectasis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Renault has announced a hike in prices for its entry-level hatchback, the Kwid. The Renault Kwid will face a hike in prices by 3 percent, starting from April-2019. The Renault Kwid is one of the best-selling products from the French carmaker in India.
Renault recently updated the Kwid with the 2019 version. The updated 2019 Renault Kwid brought in a number of changes to the hatchback including a number of additional features and equipment as well.
However, the prices for the Kwid remained unchanged at Rs 2.66 lakh for the base-spec while the top-end is priced at Rs 4.6 lakh. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi). The 2019 Renault Kwid was also made to comply with the upcoming BNVSAP (Bharat New Vehicles Safety Assessment Program) norms in the country.
The 3 percent increase in prices of the Renault Kwid hatchback will translate will to a hike of Rs 9,000 for the base variant and Rs 12,000 for the top-spec. Starting April 2019, the base price of the Renault Kwid will increase to Rs 2.74 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Renault is yet to confirm if the percentage of hike is uniform across all variants of the Kwid, or will vary depending on the variant. The Renault Kwid is based on the French carmaker's CMF-A platform and was first introduced in the market in 2015.
The Renault Kwid is available in two petrol engine options — 800cc and 1.0-litre units. The 800cc engine produces 54bhp and 72Nm of torque while the larger 1.0-litre unit churns out 68bhp and 91Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a standard five-speed gearbox while the larger capacity unit is offered with an optional AMT transmission as well.
Renault is currently said to be working on a seven-seater MPV based on the Kwid platform. The new Renault MPV, codenamed the 'RBC' has already been spied testing on multiple occasions in India and is expected to launch sometime this year.
Thoughts On The Renault Kwid Price Hike
Renault Kwid is one of the best-selling models from the French carmaker in the Indian market. The entry-level hatchback brings in voluma sales to the brand in India. The Renault Kwid rivals the likes of the Datsun RediGo and the Maruti Suzuki Alto in the Indian entry-level hatchback segment.