- 24 min ago Renault India Offers Discounts & Benefits On Kwid, Triber & Duster Up To Rs 60,000 In June 2020
- 28 min ago BMW Group Plant Chennai Sets New Benchmarks In Sustainable Manufacturing
- 53 min ago Tata HBX Micro SUV Resumes Testing After The Lockdown Eased: Spy Pics & Other Details
- 1 hr ago Volkswagen India Introduces Das WeltAuto 3.0 — Buying And Selling Pre-Owned Cars
- Sports Yuvraj Singh apologises for unintentionally hurting public sentiments with his casteist remarks
- Movies Netizens Troll Rohit Roy For Posting 'Rajinikanth Tested Positive For Corona'; Call It A BAD Joke!
- Lifestyle On World Environment Day 2020, Go Green With These Bollywood Divas’ Inspired Lovely Outfits
- Finance Markets End The Day Higher, SBI Surges Post Numbers
- Technology Why Completely Boycotting Chinese Products Or Brands Is A Far-Fetched Dream
- News 15 days time, transportation of migrants cannot go on forever says SC
- Education Top 10 World Environment Day Quotes For Students
- Travel Scenic Road Trips In The Western Ghats That Every Biker Must Take This Monsoon
Renault has announced a hike in prices for its entry-level hatchback, the Kwid. The Renault Kwid will face a hike in prices by 3 percent, starting from April-2019. The Renault Kwid is one of the best-selling products from the French carmaker in India.
Renault recently updated the Kwid with the 2019 version. The updated 2019 Renault Kwid brought in a number of changes to the hatchback including a number of additional features and equipment as well.
However, the prices for the Kwid remained unchanged at Rs 2.66 lakh for the base-spec while the top-end is priced at Rs 4.6 lakh. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi). The 2019 Renault Kwid was also made to comply with the upcoming BNVSAP (Bharat New Vehicles Safety Assessment Program) norms in the country.
The 3 percent increase in prices of the Renault Kwid hatchback will translate will to a hike of Rs 9,000 for the base variant and Rs 12,000 for the top-spec. Starting April 2019, the base price of the Renault Kwid will increase to Rs 2.74 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
Renault is yet to confirm if the percentage of hike is uniform across all variants of the Kwid, or will vary depending on the variant. The Renault Kwid is based on the French carmaker's CMF-A platform and was first introduced in the market in 2015.
The Renault Kwid is available in two petrol engine options — 800cc and 1.0-litre units. The 800cc engine produces 54bhp and 72Nm of torque while the larger 1.0-litre unit churns out 68bhp and 91Nm of torque. Both engines come mated to a standard five-speed gearbox while the larger capacity unit is offered with an optional AMT transmission as well.
Renault is currently said to be working on a seven-seater MPV based on the Kwid platform. The new Renault MPV, codenamed the 'RBC' has already been spied testing on multiple occasions in India and is expected to launch sometime this year.
Thoughts On The Renault Kwid Price Hike
Renault Kwid is one of the best-selling models from the French carmaker in the Indian market. The entry-level hatchback brings in voluma sales to the brand in India. The Renault Kwid rivals the likes of the Datsun RediGo and the Maruti Suzuki Alto in the Indian entry-level hatchback segment.