- 8 hrs ago Bentley Book Costs More Than A Luxury House — Rs 1.80 Crore For A Book!
- 1 day ago Bajaj Auto Confirms November Launch For Husqvarna Twins — And So Our Watch Begins
- 1 day ago Bike Sales Report India For April 2019: Two-Wheeler Sales Slide By 16.3 Per Cent
- 1 day ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Spotted In India — Launching 2020
- News Lok Sabha Election 2019: Exit polls which failed to read public mood
- Technology Realme X to come with different specification in India with a price tag around 18K: Realme
- Sports Lyon president Aulas urges PSG to make Ndombele move
- Movies Hina Khan Proved Time Changes: From Being Tantrum Queen, Trolled For Bigg Boss Stint To Cannes Debut
- Education WB Madhyamik Result 2019 Likely To Be Released on May 21
- Lifestyle Schizophrenia: Causes, Symptoms And Treatment
- Finance Here's How Google Is Tracking Your Online Purchases
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
The updated 2020 Renault Duster has been spied testing on Indian roads for the first time. The updated 2020 Duster for India, which was spotted by Autocar India, gets a host of new features to make it comply with BS-VI emission and Pedestrian safety norms that come into effect on April 1, 2020.
According to the report, the new 2020 Renault Duster that is currently being tested will not be the same model that is sold in international markets. Instead, India will get an updated version of the Duster currently sold in India with updates to help it comply with new safety and emission norms.
The heavily camouflaged test vehicle spotted by Autocar India shows off quite a few of the changes that will be seen when the SUV finally hits the streets. The camouflaged Duster mule sports what appears to be a raised bonnet. The raised bonnet helps a certain amount of distance between the bonnet and the engine compartment, essential to meet new pedestrian safety norms. The raised bonnet should make any hit more forgiving in case the new Duster ends up running into a pedestrian.
The Duster test vehicle also seems to bring a few more changes compared to the current car. The test vehicle seems to be sporting a larger set of roof rails. Also seen on the roof is what appears to be sunroof. Another design feature seen up front are the LED Daytime Running Lights, which are currently not offered with the current Duster. Autocar India claims that the 2020 Renault Duster will not feature any more cosmetic upgrades. Inside, the infotainment system is expected to be upgraded while the materials used on the inside are expected to be more premium as well.
The publication, quoting its sources claims that the new 2020 Renault Duster will retain the current 1.5-litre diesel engine, though the less powerful 84bhp variant is expected to be axed. The diesel engine will continue to be offered with either a 6-speed manual and AMT gearbox options. The 1.5-litre petrol engine is also expected to be carried over to the new 2020 model after being upgraded to meet BS-VI emission norms. The petrol engine will continue to be offered with both the 5-speed manual gearbox and CVT automatic gearbox options, the same as the current Duster.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On the 2020 Renault Duster
The 2020 Renault Duster brings with it a host of changes that will bring the French SUV in compliance with upcoming safety and emission norms. However, the fact that Renault will not be bringing the new Duster to India is a damn shame.