- 7 hrs ago 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon To Be Called Moab In India
- 8 hrs ago 45 At An Auction And Everything Else — A List Of Motorcycles That Could Have Been
- 8 hrs ago Ducati Panigale V4 25 Anniversario 916 Launched In India — Priced At Rs 54.90 Lakh
- 8 hrs ago Ford Teams Up With Volkswagen For EVs By 2023 — Ford To Use VWs MEB Platform
- News Karnataka Crisis: SC to take up rebel MLAs' plea, BJP keeps close watch
- Movies Bigg Boss 3 Tamil Week 4 Eviction List: 5 Contestants To Feel The Heat This Time!
- Finance June Trade Deficit Narrows To $15.28 Billion; Exports Fall
- Sports MS Dhoni could be axed from Team India if he doesn't retire; Virat Kohli's captaincy to be reviewed: Reports
- Technology Realme X Review: New Benchmark To Beat In Sub 20K Price-Point
- Lifestyle Guru Purnima 2019: Messages And Quotes To Wish Your Guru
- Education ICAR AIEEA Result 2019 Likely To Be Released On This Date
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
The updated 2020 Renault Duster has been spied testing on Indian roads for the first time. The updated 2020 Duster for India, which was spotted by Autocar India, gets a host of new features to make it comply with BS-VI emission and Pedestrian safety norms that come into effect on April 1, 2020.
According to the report, the new 2020 Renault Duster that is currently being tested will not be the same model that is sold in international markets. Instead, India will get an updated version of the Duster currently sold in India with updates to help it comply with new safety and emission norms.
The heavily camouflaged test vehicle spotted by Autocar India shows off quite a few of the changes that will be seen when the SUV finally hits the streets. The camouflaged Duster mule sports what appears to be a raised bonnet. The raised bonnet helps a certain amount of distance between the bonnet and the engine compartment, essential to meet new pedestrian safety norms. The raised bonnet should make any hit more forgiving in case the new Duster ends up running into a pedestrian.
The Duster test vehicle also seems to bring a few more changes compared to the current car. The test vehicle seems to be sporting a larger set of roof rails. Also seen on the roof is what appears to be sunroof. Another design feature seen up front are the LED Daytime Running Lights, which are currently not offered with the current Duster. Autocar India claims that the 2020 Renault Duster will not feature any more cosmetic upgrades. Inside, the infotainment system is expected to be upgraded while the materials used on the inside are expected to be more premium as well.
The publication, quoting its sources claims that the new 2020 Renault Duster will retain the current 1.5-litre diesel engine, though the less powerful 84bhp variant is expected to be axed. The diesel engine will continue to be offered with either a 6-speed manual and AMT gearbox options. The 1.5-litre petrol engine is also expected to be carried over to the new 2020 model after being upgraded to meet BS-VI emission norms. The petrol engine will continue to be offered with both the 5-speed manual gearbox and CVT automatic gearbox options, the same as the current Duster.
DriveSpark's Thoughts On the 2020 Renault Duster
The 2020 Renault Duster brings with it a host of changes that will bring the French SUV in compliance with upcoming safety and emission norms. However, the fact that Renault will not be bringing the new Duster to India is a damn shame.