- 21 min ago Window Tint Transparency & IND Number Plate Confusion Cleared: Confirmed By Government Officials
- 26 min ago BMW X5 M Competition Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.94 Crore
- 1 hr ago Toyota Innova Crysta New Vs Old Comparison: A Brief Look At What’s Changed!
- 2 hrs ago Nissan Service Hub Introduced Ahead Of Magnite Launch In India: Here Are All Details
- Movies Phantom: Kiccha Sudeep And Team Head To Kerala For The Next Schedule?
- News Explained: What is Constitution Day? what was November 26 observed as before 2015?
- Sports UFC Vegas 15: Blaydes vs. Lewis fight card, date, time in India and where to watch
- Technology Xiaomi Black Friday Sale In India On Redmi Smartphones, Earphones, More
- Finance Future Retail Hits 5% Lower Circuit After SIAC Rejects Plea
- Education NIOS Starts Registration For October 2020 Board Exams, Check Fee Details
- Lifestyle Sana Khan’s Beautiful Pictures From Her Mehendi Ceremony In Orange & Pink Suit Will Melt Your Heart
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In December
Renault Kwid electric India-launch on the cards. Renault India is planning to introduce the electric version of the Kwid hatchback in the Indian market. The Kwid electric once launched in India is expected to be priced under Rs 10 Lakh, ex-showroom.
According to ET Auto, the Renault Kwid electric is part of the French carmaker's aggressive product offensive for the Indian market. The company plans to introduce five new cars while also update the current lineup of products available in India.
Renault has been struggling for sales in the Indian market for quite a while now. The company is working hard to change this and strengthen its sales for the future. This includes the introduction of electric vehicles in the Indian market. Although the company still has concerns over the lack of charging infrastructure in the country — here are the details.
Coming back to the Renault Kwid electric, the hatchback will be based on the facelift version of the standard Kwid model. The electric version of the Kwid will however, go on sale only by 2022 in India, when the brand feels the charging infrastructure in India is ready.
Renault is also yet to announce the official specifications of the battery pack or the electric motor on the India-bound Kwid electric. However, the company has announced that the electric hatchback will come with a maximum range of 250km on a single charge. The Kwid electric will also comes with fast-charging technology, allowing an 80 per cent charge in just 50 mins.
Renault is also working on introducing the facelift version of the Renault Kwid in the Indian market. The Renault Kwid is part of the CMF-A platform and has been a popular model for the brand in the Indian market.
The standard hatchback is available with two engine options: 800cc and 999cc petrol engines. The Renault Kwid facelift is expected to carry forward the 1.0-litre engine, although it will be updated to comply with the upcoming BS-VI emission norms.
The same engine also powers the recently launched compact-MPV, the Triber in the Indian market. The all-new Renault Triber was launched in India with a starting price of Rs 4.95 lakh, ex-showroom. The India-specific model is a seven-seater MPV under the sub-4 metre length. It also carries the same underpinnings as the Kwid hatchback — here are all the details from its India-launch.
Thoughts On The Renault Kwid Electric India-Launch
Renault has been struggling to get a proper foothold in the Indian market for quite a while now. The Kwid and the Duster offering, initially performed well, however, soon fizzled out. Now, the company is working on strengthening its position in the Indian market, by looking at electric vehicles for India.