- 14 hrs ago KTM 390 Adventure Unveiled At India Bike Week 2019: Here Are All The Details
- 1 day ago MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- 2 days ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- 2 days ago New (2020) Jaguar XE Facelift Launch Highlights: Prices Start At Rs 44.98 Lakh
- Finance NEFT Transfer From Dec 16 Is 24 Hours A Day, Including Holidays
- News 26/11: A trial in Pakistan that hangs in the balance
- Movies Ala Vaikunthapurramloo’s Streaming Rights Acquired By Netflix?
- Sports La Liga joint leaders Barcelona and Real Madrid back in action
- Technology Redmi K30 5G To Feature 64MP Sony IMX686 Sensor
- Lifestyle Kareena Kapoor Khan's Diet Revealed By Her Nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
Renault Kwid electric India-launch on the cards. Renault India is planning to introduce the electric version of the Kwid hatchback in the Indian market. The Kwid electric once launched in India is expected to be priced under Rs 10 Lakh, ex-showroom.
According to ET Auto, the Renault Kwid electric is part of the French carmaker's aggressive product offensive for the Indian market. The company plans to introduce five new cars while also update the current lineup of products available in India.
Renault has been struggling for sales in the Indian market for quite a while now. The company is working hard to change this and strengthen its sales for the future. This includes the introduction of electric vehicles in the Indian market. Although the company still has concerns over the lack of charging infrastructure in the country — here are the details.
Coming back to the Renault Kwid electric, the hatchback will be based on the facelift version of the standard Kwid model. The electric version of the Kwid will however, go on sale only by 2022 in India, when the brand feels the charging infrastructure in India is ready.
Renault is also yet to announce the official specifications of the battery pack or the electric motor on the India-bound Kwid electric. However, the company has announced that the electric hatchback will come with a maximum range of 250km on a single charge. The Kwid electric will also comes with fast-charging technology, allowing an 80 per cent charge in just 50 mins.
Renault is also working on introducing the facelift version of the Renault Kwid in the Indian market. The Renault Kwid is part of the CMF-A platform and has been a popular model for the brand in the Indian market.
The standard hatchback is available with two engine options: 800cc and 999cc petrol engines. The Renault Kwid facelift is expected to carry forward the 1.0-litre engine, although it will be updated to comply with the upcoming BS-VI emission norms.
The same engine also powers the recently launched compact-MPV, the Triber in the Indian market. The all-new Renault Triber was launched in India with a starting price of Rs 4.95 lakh, ex-showroom. The India-specific model is a seven-seater MPV under the sub-4 metre length. It also carries the same underpinnings as the Kwid hatchback — here are all the details from its India-launch.
Thoughts On The Renault Kwid Electric India-Launch
Renault has been struggling to get a proper foothold in the Indian market for quite a while now. The Kwid and the Duster offering, initially performed well, however, soon fizzled out. Now, the company is working on strengthening its position in the Indian market, by looking at electric vehicles for India.