- 48 min ago MG Motor Issues Statement Regarding MG Hector Fire: A Piece Of Cloth In The Engine Bay Is The Cause
- 15 hrs ago Ampere Reo Elite Electric Scooter Review: A Starter-Pack To The Electric Scooter Segment In India
- 16 hrs ago MG ZS Electric SUV Deliveries Begin: First Vehicle Delivered To EESL
- 16 hrs ago Renault Triber BS6 Models Launched In India Starting At Rs 4.99 Lakh Ex-Showroom
- News 60-year-old woman, chokes, dies in cake-eating contest in Australia
- Movies Priyanka Chopra Copied Jennifer Lopez's Iconic Grammy Outfit: Here's Why It Didn't Work
- Sports Sourav Ganguly says new committee will select team for SA series
- Finance Officials Say There Is Limited Room For Income Tax Cut In Budget 2020
- Lifestyle 11 Signs That Tell He Is Using You To Get Over His Ex
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A51 With Quad Cameras To Launch On January 29 In India
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Renault India is set to launch a new compact SUV in 2020. A report by Livemint has shed light on Renault's plans for the next few years in the Indian market, and these plans include the launch of a new MPV and a compact SUV.
Renault India currently has just four products on sale in India and the new CEO & MD for Renault India seems all set to change that. The Compact SUV segment is expected to grow by leaps and bounds within the next couple of years and almost all manufacturers are bringing out their best to take the competition head-on.
Renault India already has the Duster in the compact SUV segment, and the Duster has been fairly successful in the Indian market. In-fact, it was the Duster that helped Renault set its foot firmly in the Indian market.
However, the Duster is reasonably old now, and Renault is aware that the segment is set to grow exponentially. Hence, it makes sense for Renault to launch an all-new compact SUV in India.
The upcoming compact SUV has been codenamed HBC and the SUV will be based on the same platform as the Renault Kwid. The Renault Kwid is based on the versatile CMF-A platform and this platform is expected to underpin quite a few Renault products including the upcoming Renault Triber MPV.
More details of the Renault HBC compact SUV have not been revealed, but we do have a few details of the Renault Triber, which is the second product that renault is looking forward to launch within 2020.
The Renault Triber will feature ABS with EBD, dual-airbags, seatbelt reminder, reverse parking sensors, high speed alert, etc as standard safety equipment. The MPV's design is very similar to its step-sibling - the Datsun Go+.
However, it will be positioned higher than the Datsun Go+ as it will come with premium features. The Renault Triber is expected to be launched in 2019 and the Renault HBC compact SUV is expected to be launched in 2020.
Details about the upcoming Renault vehicles were divulged by Renault's new CEO & MD Venkatram Mamillapalle who took charge in March 2019.
He was quoted as saying, ""As part of our product-offensive plan, our investments in new products to be launched in 2019 and 2020 will create new segments, which will set the platform for doubling our sales volume to 150,000 units annually in the medium term and achieve break-even as per our mid-term plan."
This statement makes Renault's plans for the next couple of years very clear.
Thoughts On Renault HBC Compact SUV Set For 2020 Launch
Renault revealing plans for the HBC compact SUV just confirms the growth that is set to take place in the SUV segment of the Indian market. However, what makes it interesting is that Renault India's CEO said it would create a new segment. Interesting.