- 7 min ago Hyundai Venue Receives More Than 45,000 Bookings In A Month — Giving Tough Competition To Its Rivals
- 1 hr ago Hyundai Kona EV Gets 120 Bookings & Over 10,000 Test-Drive Requests In Just 10 Days
- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza Gets Five-Year Warranty — Aims To Beat Hyundai Venue & Mahindra XUV300
- 1 hr ago Suzuki Burgman Street 125 Launched In New Matte Black Paint Scheme — Priced At Rs 69,208
- Movies Parth Samthaan & Niti Taylor's Kaisi Yeh Yaariyan Turns 5; Fans Recall MaNan's Magical Moments
- News 9 killed in lightning strikes in Uttar Pradesh
- Sports Imran Khan promises to make Pakistan the best cricket team in the world
- Travel National Parks to Visit During Monsoon in India
- Technology Vodafone Rs. 205, Rs. 225 Prepaid Plans Launched For Select Subscribers
- Lifestyle 60 Birds Fall To Death From Sky; Mass Poisoning Suspected
- Education CBSE Class 10 Compartment Results 2019 Likely To Be Out Soon
- Finance Metrolite: Modi 2 Proposes Light Urban Rail Transit For Small Cities
Renault India is set to launch a new compact SUV in 2020. A report by Livemint has shed light on Renault's plans for the next few years in the Indian market, and these plans include the launch of a new MPV and a compact SUV.
Renault India currently has just four products on sale in India and the new CEO & MD for Renault India seems all set to change that. The Compact SUV segment is expected to grow by leaps and bounds within the next couple of years and almost all manufacturers are bringing out their best to take the competition head-on.
Renault India already has the Duster in the compact SUV segment, and the Duster has been fairly successful in the Indian market. In-fact, it was the Duster that helped Renault set its foot firmly in the Indian market.
However, the Duster is reasonably old now, and Renault is aware that the segment is set to grow exponentially. Hence, it makes sense for Renault to launch an all-new compact SUV in India.
The upcoming compact SUV has been codenamed HBC and the SUV will be based on the same platform as the Renault Kwid. The Renault Kwid is based on the versatile CMF-A platform and this platform is expected to underpin quite a few Renault products including the upcoming Renault Triber MPV.
More details of the Renault HBC compact SUV have not been revealed, but we do have a few details of the Renault Triber, which is the second product that renault is looking forward to launch within 2020.
The Renault Triber will feature ABS with EBD, dual-airbags, seatbelt reminder, reverse parking sensors, high speed alert, etc as standard safety equipment. The MPV's design is very similar to its step-sibling - the Datsun Go+.
However, it will be positioned higher than the Datsun Go+ as it will come with premium features. The Renault Triber is expected to be launched in 2019 and the Renault HBC compact SUV is expected to be launched in 2020.
Details about the upcoming Renault vehicles were divulged by Renault's new CEO & MD Venkatram Mamillapalle who took charge in March 2019.
He was quoted as saying, ""As part of our product-offensive plan, our investments in new products to be launched in 2019 and 2020 will create new segments, which will set the platform for doubling our sales volume to 150,000 units annually in the medium term and achieve break-even as per our mid-term plan."
This statement makes Renault's plans for the next couple of years very clear.
Thoughts On Renault HBC Compact SUV Set For 2020 Launch
Renault revealing plans for the HBC compact SUV just confirms the growth that is set to take place in the SUV segment of the Indian market. However, what makes it interesting is that Renault India's CEO said it would create a new segment. Interesting.