- 5 hrs ago HRC Sign Pol Espargaro For 2021: Alex Marquez Moved To LCR Honda With 2-Year Contract Extension
- 7 hrs ago Kia Sonet World Premiere To Be Held In India Next Month: Here Are All The Details
- 8 hrs ago Honda Introduces ‘Unused Vehicle’ Campaign For Unsold BS4 Two Wheelers
- 12 hrs ago Bajaj Announces Second Price Hike For Select Models After BS6 Update: Here Is The New Price List
- News Trump administration rescinds rule on foreign students
- Movies Mammootty's The Priest: The Team Makes A Major Announcement!
- Sports 30 former South Africa cricketers issue statement supporting Black Lives Matter movement
- Technology OnePlus Nord To Feature 105-Degree Wide-Angle Selfie Camera; Company Confirms
- Lifestyle 9 Effective Home Remedies To Whiten Dark Feet
- Finance Walmart Raises Stake In Flipkart
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
French automaker Renault, is actively testing its BS-VI petrol models in India. The latest model to be sighted was the Renault Captur SUV. The spy shots from Motor World India reveals the SUV being tested with the emission measuring equipment.
The SUV also had a note on the fuel lid, which reveals that the vehicle has to be run on BS-VI petrol only. We expect the company to launch the BS-VI petrol variant of the Captur SUV next year after BS-VI compliant fuel is made available across the country.
The Renault Captur BS-VI model is expected to be powered by an all-new 1.3-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 150bhp and 250Nm of torque. The engine will come mated to a five-speed manual transmission as standard, with the possibility of CVT automatic transmission offered at a later stage.
Renault has already featured the Euro-6 engine and transmission configuration on its Euro-spec models. The company plans to bring the same Euro-6 compliant petrol engines to India. The Euro-6 norms are similar to the upcoming BS-VI emission norms which will become effective from April 1st, 2019.
However, the upcoming BS-VI Captur SUV looks similar to the outgoing model, and the images did not reveal any changes to the exteriors from the spy pics. The SUV currently features 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines, both of which will not be carried forward to the next-gen Renault Captur. The company had earlier confirmed that they will not take their diesel engines forward to make it BS-VI complaint.
Instead, Renault is expected to introduce two turbo-petrol engines in total: an entry-level 1.0-litre engine producing 100bhp of power and 160Nm of torque and a 1.3-litre engine with two states-of-tune. The lower spec produces 130bhp and 240Nm of torque while the higher-spec churns out 150bhp and 250Nm of peak torque.
These new engines will be carried on to the other models in the company's line-up. In other news Renault is gearing up for the launch of Kwid facelift model in india. A new teaser video has been released revealing the changes made to the hatchback — here are all the details.
Thoughts About The Renault Captur BS-VI Petrol SUV Spied
The Renault Captur is among the good-looking SUVs, featuring a dual-tone paint scheme. However, the SUV has been hit with low sales numbers due to the introduction of its new rivals in the Indian mid-size SUV segment. The Renault Captur SUV rivals the likes of the Kia Seltos, MG Hector, Tata Harrier and Nissan Kicks.