- 3 hrs ago KTM 125 Duke & RC Sales In India: Boost KTM Sales To 50,000 Units In 10 Months
- 4 hrs ago New Renault Kwid Climber Facelift Spied Undisguised Ahead Of Launch In India: Spy Pics & Details
- 6 hrs ago Auto Industry Slowdown: GST On Automobiles Will Not Be Reduced Says GST Council
- 7 hrs ago Ferrari F8 Tributo India Launch Confirmed For Early-2020: Prices For The 488GTB Successor Revealed
- Movies Ranveer Singh, Alia Bhatt Are ECSTATIC About Gully Boy’s Oscar Entry; 'Making A Mark On World Stage'
- Sports PKL 2019: Clinical UP Yoddha end Tamil Thalaivas' playoff chances
- News Rajeev Kumar's anticipatory bail plea rejected
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Jonas Beckons Us To Pair Cycling Shorts With A Breezy Top
- Technology Common 4G LTE Problems and Fixes
- Finance Still Waiting For Income Tax Refund: You Might Have Gone Wrong Here
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
Porsche launched the Macan facelift SUV in the Indian market recently. The new 2019 Porsche Macan facelift is offered with a starting price of Rs 69.98 lakh, ex-showroom (India). However, during the launch the German sportscar maker announced the arrival of another important product in the Indian market, the Taycan Electric.
Porsche confirmed the arrival of the Taycan electric to the Indian market. The Porsche Taycan is the first all-electric model from the German brand.The Taycan electric is said to go on sale in India sometime around March 2020.
The final production-spec version of the Taycan will be showcased globally later this year in September at the 2019 Frankfurt Motor Show.
Porsche first showcased the concept form of the Taycan, the Mission E Concept last year. The Porsche Taycan will be showcased in India at the upcoming 2020 Auto Expo. The car has been spotted testing multiple times in international markets and is all set to go on sale soon.
Porsche is yet to officially reveal the exact specifications and other technical details of the Taycan. However, the car is said to be powered by two electric motors; producing an equivalent of 600bhp. This will help the car power to a 0 - 100kmph in under 3.5 seconds. The German brand also claims that the Taycan will have a range of 500km on a single charge.
The brand is said to be working on a new fast-charging system for the Taycan; an 800-volt system, which will add 100km of range in just 4 minutes. The Porsche Taycan will also be tested around the Nurburgring Nordschleife, with the company expecting sub-8 minute lap timing.
Pavan Shetty, Director, Porsche India, told PTI, "We have a global launch (of Taycan) some time in September and, in India, we will see the car in the first four to five months of the next year, in 2020 before end of May."
He also further added that the recent cut in GST rates for electric vehicles has allowed the brand to carry forward its plans for the Indian market. The Porsche Taycan will be completely imported into the country, like any other model before it.
The Porsche Taycan will be positioned between the Cayenne and the Panamera in the brand's product lineup.
Porsche, however, isn't the only luxury car brand to enter the electric car segment in the country. Audi has also confirmed the arrival of their e-Tron in India later this year, while BMW is calculating the feasibility of introducing their i3 in the market.
Thoughts On The Porsche Taycan In India
The Porsche Taycan will be unveiled at the 2019 Frankfurt Motor Show, before going on sale in international markets in December. It will arrive in India sometime around the 2020 Auto Expo and will be the halo model for the brand in the country.