- 5 hrs ago Datsun Diwali Discount Offers: Festive Benefits Available Across Models
- 7 hrs ago MG eZS SUV India Launch Scheduled For Early 2020: Doctor Strange Concurs
- 8 hrs ago UM Motorcycles Issued Legal Notice By Dealer Association: UM Lohia & Its Management Involved
- 8 hrs ago Isuzu Opens Sales-Serives-Spares Dealership In Andhra Pradesh
- News Maharashtra, Haryana election results today: Lotus set to bloom again, Opposition hopes for comeback
- Movies Akshay Kumar On Insecurities: Never thought A Guy From Chandni Chowk Would Become Akshay Kumar
- Sports French Open Badminton: Srikanth, Kashyap crash out in opening round
- Technology BSNL Offering 1GB Data With Its Rs. 108 Prepaid Plan
- Lifestyle 6 Science-backed Health Benefits Of Honeysuckle, Uses And Side Effects
- Finance Govt Approves BSNL-MTNL Merger; Offers Attractive VRS Package To Employees
- Travel 6 Offline GPS Navigation Apps For Android Users
- Education Top 10 Universities In QS India University Rankings 2020
Toyota India has launched a new cheaper variant of the Glanza hatchback in the market. The new Toyota Glanza 'G' variant with the manual transmission is now available without the smart hybrid technology. This new variant of the Toyota Glanza 'G' trim is offered with a starting price of Rs 6.97 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Toyota Glanza is offered with two trim levels: G and V. Both trims of the Glanza hatchback is offered with the same 1.2-litre petrol engine with the choice of either a five-speed manual or CVT automatic transmission.
The G MT variant of the Toyota Glanza was further offered with a smart hybrid system. This variant was priced at Rs 7.21 lakh. Toyota is now offering the same variant, without the smart hybrid system, allowing them to price the new variant lower by around Rs 24,000.
Apart from the absence of the Smart Hybrid technology on the G MT variant, no other changes have been made. The new Toyota Glanza variant is offered with the same features and equipment as the standard variant.
This includes a touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, MID display, reverse parking sensors, tilt & telescopic steering wheel, automatic climate control, follow-me-home headlamps and a host of others.
The Toyota Glanza is essentially a re-badged Maruti Suzuki Baleno. The Glanza is the first product to be launched in India, from the combined partnership between Toyota-Suzuki in India. T
he agreement between the two companies will also be working on other products for the Indian market, while also developing new EV technologies as well.
The Toyota Glanza, although a re-badged version of the Baleno, has been selling well in the Indian market. It is one of the best-selling premium hatchbacks in the market, even overtaking the likes of the Volkswagen Polo and the Honda Jazz.
Thoughts On The Toyota Glanza New Base Variant
The Toyota Glanza is now available for a much cheaper starting price. The new Glanza variant is equivalent to the Zeta trim of the Baleno from Maruti Suzuki. The company recently announced a price hike on the rest of the variants of the Toyota Glanza last week, which makes the new variant that much more attractive.