- 8 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Jimny Exclusive Production Hub In India: Here Are All Details
- 11 hrs ago Bajaj Pulsar NS200 Expected To Receive New Colour Scheme: Teased Ahead Of Launch
- 13 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR CNG Production Crosses 3 Lakh Unit Mark: New Milestone Achieved
- 14 hrs ago MG ZS EV To Launch In 10 New Cities Soon: Teaser Video & Details
- Sports Shubman Gill of Kolkata Knight Riders reveals secret of his batting success; Karthik, Morgan astonished
- News Congress no-confidence motion against Yediyurappa govt defeated
- Movies Tovino Thomas & Aishwarya Lekshmi To Team Up For Manu Ashokan's Kaanekkane
- Lifestyle Everything You Need To Know About The Buddhist Diet
- Technology Google Pixel 5 Launch Date Delayed: Will Now Make A Debut In October
- Finance 3 Ways To Play The Gold Theme As It Will Bounce Back
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
Toyota India has launched a new cheaper variant of the Glanza hatchback in the market. The new Toyota Glanza 'G' variant with the manual transmission is now available without the smart hybrid technology. This new variant of the Toyota Glanza 'G' trim is offered with a starting price of Rs 6.97 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Toyota Glanza is offered with two trim levels: G and V. Both trims of the Glanza hatchback is offered with the same 1.2-litre petrol engine with the choice of either a five-speed manual or CVT automatic transmission.
The G MT variant of the Toyota Glanza was further offered with a smart hybrid system. This variant was priced at Rs 7.21 lakh. Toyota is now offering the same variant, without the smart hybrid system, allowing them to price the new variant lower by around Rs 24,000.
Apart from the absence of the Smart Hybrid technology on the G MT variant, no other changes have been made. The new Toyota Glanza variant is offered with the same features and equipment as the standard variant.
This includes a touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, MID display, reverse parking sensors, tilt & telescopic steering wheel, automatic climate control, follow-me-home headlamps and a host of others.
The Toyota Glanza is essentially a re-badged Maruti Suzuki Baleno. The Glanza is the first product to be launched in India, from the combined partnership between Toyota-Suzuki in India. T
he agreement between the two companies will also be working on other products for the Indian market, while also developing new EV technologies as well.
The Toyota Glanza, although a re-badged version of the Baleno, has been selling well in the Indian market. It is one of the best-selling premium hatchbacks in the market, even overtaking the likes of the Volkswagen Polo and the Honda Jazz.
Thoughts On The Toyota Glanza New Base Variant
The Toyota Glanza is now available for a much cheaper starting price. The new Glanza variant is equivalent to the Zeta trim of the Baleno from Maruti Suzuki. The company recently announced a price hike on the rest of the variants of the Toyota Glanza last week, which makes the new variant that much more attractive.