- 6 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Now Available Online Through Amazon In Selected Cities
- 8 hrs ago Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled In India: ‘Chetak’ Moniker Makes Its Comeback After 14 Years
- 8 hrs ago KTM Duke 790 Registers 41 Units Of Sales Within First 10 Days Of Launch
- 9 hrs ago UP Politician Attempts Using A Gun To Clear Traffic; Gets Roughed Up By The Public
- Sports India lacked mentality to beat Pakistan before Ganguly became captain: Shoaib Akhtar
- Movies Karthi Is Unable To Attend Telugu Promotions Of Kaithi Due To Sulthan's Shoot?
- Lifestyle Pati Patni Aur Woh Poster: Kartik Aaryan, Bhumi Pednekar And Ananya Panday Flaunt Chic Outfits
- News Mamata meets Nobel laureate Abhijit Banerjee's family in Kolkata
- Finance 5 New Changes Made To Health Insurance Policies
- Technology BSNL Users Will Get 4G, VoLTE Support; Will Replace 3G Soon
- Travel Kabini - A Land Beyond The Ordinary
- Education Why Is World Students' Day Celebrated On APJ Abdul Kalam's Birthday?
Renault India has announced the launch date of its upcoming Kwid facelift in the market. The new Renault Kwid facelift will go on sale in India from the 1st October 2019. This is just one day after the introduction of its main rival, the Maruti S-Presso in the Indian market.
The new Renault Kwid facelift comes with a host of updates, including a major design change as well. The Kwid is one of the best-selling models from the French automaker in the market and with competition on the rise, Renault is finally bringing in a much-needed update to the entry-level hatchback.
In terms of design, the new Renault Kwid facelift will come with a newly designed front end. This includes the addition of a dual headlamp setup, with the LED DRLs on top and the main unit placed below on the bumpers.
The hatchback also comes with updated tail lamps, refreshed alloy wheel design and an overall more premium-looking hatchback.
Inside, the Renault Kwid facelift will come with a large infotainment system at the centre with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, digital instrument cluster and steering borrowed from the Triber with mounted controls.
Renault is yet to officially reveal the entire hatchback, however, the car has been spied testing on multiple occasions. The previous spy pics, reveal a number of details on both the exterior and interior of the new facelifted hatchback.
In terms of mechanicals, the Renault Kwid facelift will feature the same 2 engines as on the outgoing model. This includes an 800cc petrol engine and a 1.0-litre unit as well. The 800cc engine produces the same 54bhp while the 1.0-litre motor churns out 68bhp of max power output.
Both engines come mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox, with the larger 1.0-litre unit receiving the optional AMT automatic transmission as well. Renault will introduce the Kwid facelift in its BS-IV guise, with the BS-VI update being introduced at a later stage.
Bookings for the new Renault Kwid is expected to start in the coming days, with deliveries expected to start immediately from the time of launch. Renault has released a teaser for the upcoming Kwid facelift — watch it here.
Once launched in India, the new Renault Kwid facelift will rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki S-Presso. Coincidently, the Maruti S-Presso is launching on 30th September; a day ahead of the Kwid facelift launch.
Thoughts On The New Renault Kwid Facelift Launch Date
The new Renault Kwid facelift will bring in a number of changes to the popular hatchback from the brand in India. The new Kwid facelift is expected to be priced in the range of Rs 3 lakh, ex-showroom. Renault will be hoping to attract the same level of attention to the Kwid facelift as the outgoing model did a couple of years back.