- 22 hrs ago Honda Introduces A New Finance Scheme For Its Customers: Only For A Limited Time Period
- 24 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights From Two-Wheeler Market From Last Week
- 1 day ago Hyundai Venue To Be Offered With iMT Clutchless Manual Transmission In India
- 1 day ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Spotted Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Other Details
- News For the next 1 year Kerala will follow these COVID-19 rules
- Technology Smartphones Price Cut List: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip, OPPO Reno 3 Pro, Oppo F15 And More
- Finance Income Tax Dept. Modifies TDS Rules, Forms Ask For More Information
- Movies Cobra: Director Ajay Gnanamuthu Takes Voluntary Pay Cut For The Vikram Starrer
- Sports DeChambeau claims sixth PGA Tour crown with Rocket Mortgage Classic triumph
- Lifestyle Kim Kardashian Once Again Spruces Up Her Hair Colour And This Time It's Blazing Red
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
Maruti Suzuki is all set to launch their new Wagon R hatchback in the Indian market on the 23rd of January. Ahead of its launch, Maruti has already released their first teaser of the upcoming tall boy hatchback. However, the new Maruti WagonR has been spied undisguised on multiple occasions, giving us a clear look at its design and features.
The spy pics of the new Wagon R showcase both the exterior and interior design updates, along with the features expected on the upcoming hatchback.
Based on the spy images and the leaked brochure, here are the initial differences between the new WagonR and the outgoing model.
Starting off with the new Maruti WagonR, the hatchback comes with a number of updates and design changes compared to the outgoing model. The new WagonR comes with a fresh set of sweptback headlamps, new front grille design with a single chrome strip, new fog lamp housing and refreshed bumper design. However, the new WagonR does manage to retain its original tall boy design from the previous generation models.
Apart from the design changes, the new Maruti WagonR has also increased in proportions. The new WagonR is now 19mm longer, 145mm wider and 5mm taller than the outgoing model. The wheelbase of the new WagonR has also increased by 35mm.
|Dimensions||New WagonR||Old WagonR|
|Ground Clearance (mm)||170||165|
|Kerb Weight (kg)||805 - 845||870 - 965|
Overall Design Rating
New Maruti WagonR: 8/10
Old Maruti WagonR: 7/10
The new Maruti WagonR is expected to come with a host of new features and updated interiors. The new WagonR is expected to come with basic features such as dual airbags, ABS with EBD, floating roof design, dual-tone cabin, audio-mounted steering wheels, large analogue speedometer and manual AC vents.
Higher variants further come with a 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, LED DRL, all-four-power windows, multiple airbags, and ORVMs with integrated turn indicators.
Overall Features Rating
New Maruti WagonR: 8/10
Old Maruti WagonR: 7/10
The old Maruti WagonR came with a single engine option in the form of a 1.0-litre three-cylinder petrol unit. The engine churned out 67bhp and 90Nm of torque and is mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox and the optional AMT as well.
The new Maruti WagonR now comes with two petrol engine options. The first is the same 1.0-litre engine from the previous generation while the second is the larger 1.2-litre four-cylinder unit. This petrol engine is the same as seen on the Ignis and the Swift hatchbacks. The engine produces 89bhp and 113Nm of torque. It further comes mated to the same five-speed manual and AMT as on the outgoing model.
|Specifications||New WagonR||Old WagonR|
|No. Of Cylinders||3 ||3/4 |
|Power (bhp)||67 ||67/89 |
|Torque (Nm)||90 ||90/113 |
|Mileage (km/l)||20 ||NA |
Overall Engine Specification Rating
New Maruti WagonR: 9/10
Old Maruti WagonR: 8/10
The current-generation WagonR hatchback comes with a starting price of Rs 4.15 lakh for the base variant while the top-spec AMT comes in at Rs 5.36 lakh. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
Prices for the new Maruti WagonR are yet to be announced. However, we can expect it to be priced at a slight premium than the outgoing model. The new Maruti WagonR is expected to be priced around the Rs 4.5 lakh range, ex-showroom.
The Maruti Suzuki WagonR has been one of the most popular hatchbacks in the Indian market for quite a while now. The hatchback has been among the top-selling cars in the Indian market consistently, every month. Once launched in India, the Maruti WagonR will rival the likes of the Hyundai Santro and the Datsun GO.