- 13 hrs ago Hero Lectro Electric Bike Launched In India: We Have All The Details
- 13 hrs ago Toyota Five-Continents Drive From India To Vietnam Flagged Off In Bangalore
- 15 hrs ago Tamil Nadu Announced A New EV Policy: Aims At Becoming EV Hub Of India
- 15 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki WagonR-Based XL5 Premium Hatchback Spotted Testing
- Sports Virat Kohli says India will monitor new players temper in South Africa series
- News Possible reasons for Vikram's landing failure: Here's what the experts say
- Movies Vijay Teaming Up With Perarasu For Thalapathy 65; What Is The Truth?
- Technology Buying Guide: Realme Smartphones With 6GB RAM To Buy In India Right Now
- Lifestyle IIFA Awards 2019: Deepika Padukone’s Gown Is Fine Minus The Tulle Veil And Exaggerated Sleeves
- Education What Is CBSE Private Candidate? Know About Eligibility, Form, Admit Card And Result
- Finance Airtel Payments Bank Launches "Bharosa" Savings Account
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Maruti Suzuki launched their all-new Wagon R in India on the 23rd January. The new Maruti Wagon R has a starting price of Rs 4.19 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). Almost a month after its launch, the new Maruti Wagon R now has a waiting period of 2 - 3 months, depending on the variant.
The Maruti Wagon R is one of the most popular hatchback offerings in the market. The Wagon R hatchback has been on sale a long time while undergoing a number of changes over the years. The new Maruti Wagon R has continued to enjoy the popularity; receiving over 16,000 bookings within the the first few weeks of launch.
The all-new Wagon R hatchback comes with a completely refreshed design. However, it does continue to offer the tall boy look similar to its predecessors. The new Maruti Wagon R comes in three trims — LXi, VXi and ZXi.
The new Maruti Wagon R is available with two engine options: 1.0-litre three-cylinder and 1.2-litre four-cylinder petrol units. The 1.0-litre engine produces 67bhp and 90Nm of torque while the larger 1.2-litre unit churns out 83bhp and 113Nm of torque. Both engines are mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox. The 1.2-litre engine also comes with the optional five-speed AGS (Auto Gear Shift) transmission from Maruti Suzuki.
The new Maruti Wagon R is part of the company's HEARTECT platform, which also underpins the Swift. This gives the new Wagon R hatchback a longer wheelbase of 2,435mm; 35mm longer than the previous generation model — here are the top things to know about the new Maruti Wagon R hatchback.
The new Wagon R now features a completely new set of sweptback headlamp units, refreshed front grille with a thick chrome strip running along its centre, new bumper with a central air dam, flanked on either end by updated fog lamp units.
Moving to the side and rear profile, the new Maruti Wagon R comes with a floating roof design, ORVMs with integrated turn indicators and 14-inch wheels. The rear also comes with a new set of vertically-stacked taillights and a new bumper.
In terms of features, the new Maruti Wagon R comes packed with a host of equipment. Some of the features on the new Wagon R: electrically adjustable ORVMs, day/night IRVM, 60;40 rear split seats, steering-mounted audio controls, dual airbags, seatbelt reminder, rear parking sensor, high-speed alert and a new 7.0-inch SmartPlay infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto — here is the split-up of the variant-wise features on the new Maruti Wagon R.
Thoughts On The New Maruti Wagon R Waiting Period
The Maruti Wagon R has been one of the most popular hatchbacks in the Indian market. The hatchback has consistently been in the list of top-selling cars month-on-month. The Maruti Wagon R directly rivals the likes of the Hyundai Santro in India.